ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit Anthony Luke Signs Tomorrow

He went to SDSU - sucks

I think we are paying for the collapse at the end of the season which includes the bad loss to unr. We need to break ground on the new facilities to get recruiting back on track, and a winning season next year is a MUST!

Last edited:
He went to SDSU - sucks

I think we are paying for the collapse at the end of the season which includes the bad loss to unr. We need to break ground on the new facilities to get recruiting back on track, and a winning season next year is a MUST!
Argghhhh. I didn't think it was happening after no retweets but STDSU was a surprise.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Argghhhh. I didn't think it was happening after no retweets but STDSU was a surprise.

No fear, staff going after another guy like Rebelbuck mentioned.

A hybrid DE/OLB Louy Compton. His HUDL tape is really impressive. Quick twitch guy gets off the line quick. Might not be much of drop from Luke. Where Luke a is little more of a DE, Compton might be able to play DE in long yardage and also play OLB in base defense.

Not dimishing Luke, but Compton would be an adequate 'consolation' prize.

He went to SDSU - sucks

I don't claim to have any understanding of the recruiting game, but I can't help but think that the UNR game didn't help our situation. What a freakin disaster that was.

This UNLV class features some strong quality recruits currently and I like how it's shaping up, with more commits still to happen.

But without question, when Vegas breaks ground on its new UNLV/NFL stadium and also opens the doors to its plush new Fertitta Football Complex on campus, football recruiting will explode to a whole new echelon. Count on it.

In the meantime, I like the guys coming in, and the guys who redshirtted, and the many key freshmen who played this season. Progressing upward and forward.

Last edited:
I don't claim to have any understanding of the recruiting game, but I can't help but think that the UNR game didn't help our situation. What a freakin disaster that was.

I used to think the same way, Rebelbuck brought up a good point though. If I was a defensive player and saw that mess I might think I had a really good shot at starting here or seeing a lot of playing time.

No fear, staff going after another guy like Rebelbuck mentioned.

A hybrid DE/OLB Louy Compton. His HUDL tape is really impressive. Quick twitch guy gets off the line quick. Might not be much of drop from Luke. Where Luke a is little more of a DE, Compton might be able to play DE in long yardage and also play OLB in base defense.

Not dimishing Luke, but Compton would be an adequate 'consolation' prize.

At 6'2 200 on his bio, Compton sounds more like a guy to rotate with Gabe McCoy at linebacker. Smart player and very sound but seems to have limited growth upside as a true defensive end. He looks like a great addition as an edge linebacker.

http://www.eccathletics.com/sports/fball/2016-17/bios/compton_louy_a9gl

At 6'2 200 on his bio, Compton sounds more like a guy to rotate with Gabe McCoy at linebacker. Smart player and very sound but seems to have limited growth upside as a true defensive end. He looks like a great addition as an edge linebacker.

http://www.eccathletics.com/sports/fball/2016-17/bios/compton_louy_a9gl

He is also listed at 225 on other sites, so who knows.

Even at 210 you can use him at DE or stand him up in obvious passing downs.

I agree he is probably close to maxed out in terms of size.

For me, I just want guys that can get after the passer regardless of what position they play. It absolutely killed us this year.

I was 100% wrong about his commitment. I was even thinking how he'd fit into our schemes. I have to own this mistake.

On the other I hope he plays in Hauck's special teams unit and learns those fakes that earned Hauck that extension.

Reactions: mvvsmith
I was 100% wrong about his commitment. I was even thinking how he'd fit into our schemes. I have to own this mistake.

On the other I hope he plays in Hauck's special teams unit and learns those fakes that earned Hauck that extension.

Don't feel bad, a lot of people thought he was coming here. He seemed to be very responsive to UNLV fans on social media.

Reactions: mvvsmith
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT