ADVERTISEMENT

PREDICTIONS: Week 1 - JSU vs. UNLV

RebelBuzz

Retired Number
Jan 13, 2015
I don't think it's a stretch to predict that everyone posting on this site thinks we'll be able to get a win against Jackson State. Hopefully, it's a comfortable win. We don't need any Hauck-esque repeats of losing to Northern Arizona or SUU, or barely edging out Northern Colorado 13-12.

With that said, along with a score prediction, give us a little something more. Maybe a player you anticipate having a big night, a stats prediction, etc. I'll get us started.

JSU 13 - 51 UNLV

6 touchdowns:

D Greene (2)
Lex
X Campbell
Stanton to Boyd
KP to Kanteman

Defense gets 5 sacks and 2 interceptions (Hough, Hawthorne).

I think what I most want to see is UNLV bossing the game from start to finish. Be the aggressor early and pull away as the game moves along.

Lets say 38-10 , but lots of 2's getting reps, I also want to see a turnover free game from the offense.

81-8 every runningback and receiver gets over 100 yards, even Henri. Even Dorian the place kicker gets a touch.

52 - 10
D has a pick 6 and 3 sacks. Surprise of the night - Sneed... forces talk of having him in part of UCLA game...
Halftime - Rebel Girls steal show away from bands.

Last edited:
52 - 10
D has a pick 6 and 3 sacks. Surprise of the night - Sneed... forces talk of having him in part of UCLA game...
Halftime - Rebel Girls steal show away from bands.
Obviously these are predictions and who knows what will happen... but I really doubt Sneed gets to show us anything. If he gets into the game, that will mean we have a VERY comfortable lead over JSU, and I can't imagine him getting opportunities to use his arm.

I have said it before though, that IF we are somehow able to have an Idaho-State-type game, I'd really like to see us still pass the ball for a half, if not 3 quarters. While I am all about good sportsmanship, with this game as our opener, we need to help our QBs get plenty of live reps against non-Rebels in anticipation of games against UCLA and more importantly CMU. Johnny and KP both need as many chances as possible to get comfortable throwing the ball in live action.

For reference: Decker and KP through a total of 15 passes against ISU last year.

Last time UNLV kept a goose egg on the board was 2007 vs. Utah at Sam Boyd stadium. What a wacky game that was. A 27-0 win for UNLV. UNLV would finish the year 2-10, while Utah finished 9-4, including a bowl game win.

I'd love to see another shutout.
Wow, that's crazy. I remember that game, but didn't realize it had been that long since we pitched a shutout.

College football its tough to get a shutout. That UTAH game was crazy, Frank The Tank went crazy. You could tell Utah stopped wanting to tackle him.

Reactions: HTU's_Boss
I had a dream last night that UNLV won, but it was closer than I hoped. I think it was 24-17, so I'll go with that.

I had a dream last night that UNLV won, but it was closer than I hoped. I think it was 24-17, so I'll go with that.
Sounds like a nightmare, literally.

I hope you're no prophet. While a win is a win, and "you play to win the game" ... that will not leave me feeling very good about the rest of the year.

Last time UNLV kept a goose egg on the board was 2007 vs. Utah at Sam Boyd stadium. What a wacky game that was. A 27-0 win for UNLV. UNLV would finish the year 2-10, while Utah finished 9-4, including a bowl game win.

I'd love to see another shutout.

Next to ASU and all wins vs Reno this is my favorite Rebel victory ever. Frank Summers was punishing defenders in this game. By the 4th quarter you could tell Ute defenders wanted no part of Frank.

This isn't Idaho State. I hope the kids don't come in with that frame of mind. I think we will either win by a big margin or it will be a close one. It all depends on heir mind set.

UNLV 42 - Jackson State 14

After Halftime UNLV Band will request for more budget after watching the JSU Sonic Boom! TKM will tell them to F off and everything goes back to normal.

This isn't Idaho State. I hope the kids don't come in with that frame of mind. I think we will either win by a big margin or it will be a close one. It all depends on heir mind set.
I'm really not worried about the kids' mindset for the game. It's the season opener. At this point, every college football player is DYING to hit someone other than their own teammates. I think Coach Sanchez is a good motivator and has a way to keep kids focused on every game, but I don't even know that he will need to focus the team this week. If we are overlooking someone in our opener... we've got big problems.

Okay - I think we just set a new milestone...so far. Is this not the first pre-game football prediction post that has ALL the predictions in the Rebels favor??
It's all about what the young men do on the field and it always will be - I give little weight to what we say, but I just don't remember every seeing at lease one person call an upset.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT