ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie View A&M-UNLV

TarkisGod

Lottery Pick
Dec 17, 2005
The Rebels are listed as 19.5-point favorites. The total is 149.5.

Prairie View A&M is 0-2, having been blown out @ Utah by 21 (62-83) and @ Oregon by 33 (67-100). Ironically, the only previous meeting (I think) between the Panthers and The Rebels was in 2015, at which time the spread was exactly 19.5 also. That game wound up 80-62 so we failed to cover.
money-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!

I wanted to shred the commentator. but its Marcus, sooooo.....

However, this was funny. We're up by 20 points and Marcus says "This is gonna come down to Free Throws."

LOL
Amauri is trying his best not to be like Marcus Bank but his natural instincts is ala Marcus...I think he will learn, though. There is got to be a mix between Jordy and Marcus game medium and still be successful..

I wanted to shred the commentator. but its Marcus, sooooo.....

However, this was funny. We're up by 20 points and Marcus says "This is gonna come down to Free Throws."

LOL
While we’re on the subject of free throws…50% (19-38) ain’t gonna cut it when real competition comes to town. I hope that tonight was more of an aberration than what we can expect on a regular basis. Otherwise the misses from the charity stripe will cost us some games, for sure.

As for Marcus’ commentary, I recall Robert Smith being very stiff initially, for his radio gig. In my opinion he’s gotten much better. Hopefully Banks will do the same. No one has been (or ever will be) as good as Gondo, but a Rebel is a Rebel, so we should give them plenty of slack, as they learn the trade.
glen-gondrezick.jpg

Anyway, I lasted for 6 minutes of game-time on Saturday, before I had to mute the sound of the FAMU game. I found the incessant chatter of the three commentators too much to take. I actually found myself wishing for a commercial, just for a change of pace.

I had a good night, hitting a parlay of the Rebels minus the 19.5 points, and UNR, who was a 4.5-point favorite @ Santa Clara. They rolled to a 93-63 blowout, and I cruised to one of the easiest parlays in recent memory.

Next up, the Eastern Washington Eagles, on Friday at the T&M, who are 2-1 on the season. They won their opener vs Walla Walla University (82-61), then suffered a 10-point loss @ Washington (69-79) before pulling off an upset @ Stanford (67-61) on Tuesday , for the Eagles first win over a Pac-12 team in 15 years.We'd best be prepared for this one...
free-throw-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!

Last edited:
Rebels are so fun to watch this year. Johnson looks like he has such a good time while playing. I hope more fans start showing up to games because the Rebels are truly putting on shows with many highlight worthy plays.

As stated earlier, Eastern Washington will be a step up as they have already beaten Stanford.

Did not know that was Marcus.

A guy would make a move, and he'd say, "Nice," and then the guy wouldn't finish the play. That happened 17 times.

"Rebels are so fun to watch this year. Johnson looks like he has such a good time while playing."

I agree. We have a point guard who can drive and shoot. And we have some giants.

Looking forward to a tougher game tomorrow night. Lots to like about the new look Rebels - I particularily enjoyed watching CMM working all night coaching his players, he is consistently working with his team. Hopefully some students show up tomorrow - this team is fun to watch, they play hard and seem to really like each other. Should be a fun season.

Next up, the Eastern Washington Eagles, on Friday at the T&M, who are 2-1 on the season.

To be clear - the game is part of the MGM Main Event at the Thomas & Mack Center.

Strangely, your post reads "MGM" instead of "T&M" until I quoted the text. When I read your quoted text, it included your edited change you made pretty quickly after your original post.

To be clear - the game is part of the MGM Main Event at the Thomas & Mack Center.

Strangely, your post reads "MGM" instead of "T&M" until I quoted the text. When I read your quoted text, it included your edited change you made pretty quickly after your original post.
Ya got me! There's no foolin' Rebel-Netters. I apologize for the mis-information in my original post.
images

Go Rebels!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT