ADVERTISEMENT

Practice

RebelHaus

Retired Number
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The guys have gone at each other long enough and are ready to take it to someone else. I nailed the starting lineup around four weeks ago but Ben Carter was definitely playing himself into the mix. Injury protocol will keep him off the floor until Sunday evening. Ben is the difference between us being a really good team and a great team. He might be our most important player. I believe that. No, not the best, the most important. Ben makes the TEAM so much better.

Pat is playing great. He was obviously very good last year but the confidence, strength, skill is at a new level. Right now I think he is our best overall player. Pat also very much a team guy.

Zimm has to be in that talk as well. He will be a double double machine and due to his size and skill is our best NBA material. Like Ben, Zimm makes everyone else better. He's mature for a freshman but still a freshman and at times it will show.

Morgan is the most improved Rebel. He will get his chances for sure and is really important to this team. Him, Pat and Jerome are our best on the ball defenders and he is going to be a big asset in the front of that press. Doing better at letting the offense come to him. I hope he can be a little patient and pick his spots on offense because he is built for this style.

Jordan is another player that you can really see the improvement from freshman to sophomore year. Better confidence, better ball handling, leaner and more explosive. Jordan shoots it better when the lights are on. Didn't shoot it all that great today but always steady. He was like that last year in practice but nails in the games

Today was the best I've seen this team shoot. Shooting has been kinda spotty from what I've seen. But lots of guys that can shoot it. I was really happy to see them fill it up today.

DJ has great touch on his shot and shot it great today. He is so opportunistic and can score many ways. Coach compared him to Marion and that is spot on. Only as crazy as it seems DJ is more athletic. He's a much better all around player than I gave him credit for.

Jerome shot it well Poyser shot it well. Ike really plays hard especially for his size. He will run down loose balls and really chase his man.

Goodluck is one that seems a lot like he did last year. He may be stronger but it's not as noticeable as it is with Jordan and Pat. But he's older and was already pretty damn strong and athletic so that makes sense. I didn't see any back issues today so that's positive.

I anticipate that this group will come out and play very hard and try to put it to Whittier. They have an identity for themselves that I don't believe will tolerate slacking or playing down to competition.

Whether I'm right or wrong I can't wait to get started and find out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News