ADVERTISEMENT

Positive RJ article on UNLV's Ron Scoggins getting serious about school and ball

BleedRebelRed90

All American
Oct 10, 2013
http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...unlv-s-scoggins-reignites-spark-the-classroom

The link above is for a Mark Anderson article talking about how Scoggins' attitude (toward only doing the minimum) changed when UNLV hired Sanchez. From the article:

“He’s the one who really established in me at (Gorman) that you have to get your work done in the classroom if you want to play,” Scoggins said. “Playing will only go so far. You can blow out a knee … and your sports career could be over at any minute. That’s nothing that’s ever guaranteed, but your mind is something that’s always guaranteed.

“Hearing that he’s coming back reinforced that and pushed me and motivated me to go out there and work just as hard in the classroom as I do on the field.

Reactions: rebelbuck
Sanchez made it a point in early interviews to point out that the school / program need to invest in these players beyond the field. Looks like that is already starting to ring true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT