ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh RB Vincent Davis Transfers to UNLV

I wouldn't insert Quarles as a starter just yet. I think Courtney Reese will have some say in it..
Have you noticed that all of these running backs are the same size?? I think we're gonna rotate running backs Similar to a hockey line change. New OC wants fresh legs so we better get used to see guys rotate a lot. He's talking about running plays every 10 seconds or less. He's trying to get the numbers up to 90 plays per game on offense. That's a crazy amount of production. Plus please don't sleep on Quarles he is a HBCU kid and he will make the most out of this opportunity.

Last edited:
Have you noticed that all of these running backs are the same size?? I think we're gonna rotate running backs Similar to a hockey line change. New OC wants fresh legs so we better get used to see guys rotate a lot. He's talking about running plays every 10 seconds or less. He's trying to get the numbers up to 90 plays per game on offense. That's a crazy amount of production. Plus please don't sleep on Quarles he is a HBCU kid and he will make the most out of this opportunity.

I'm not selling him short. I'm more wait and see. I don't know what his injury history was but he had only one productive season in five years at his last school.

Not saying he won't have a role, only that Reese has similar skill set. He was also vastly underused by Arroyo.

I'm not selling him short. I'm more wait and see. I don't know what his injury history was but he had only one productive season in five years at his last school.

Not saying he won't have a role, only that Reese has similar skill set. He was also vastly underused by Arroyo.
As a reminder I present THE TAPE. Quarles and Davis are very similar. I never seen Reese move like these two. We will find out more in March.

Reactions: Rebel1986
As a reminder I present THE TAPE. Quarles and Davis are very similar. I never seen Reese move like these two. We will find out more in March.

Reese had big runs against Notre Dame.

I'm not doubting they can contribute. I'm just saying Reese is probably right there in terms of speed. I'm more intrigued by the Pitt RB than Quarles based on level of competition.

Reactions: dcut03
Checks out. In the GoGo, I believe there are two backs in at all times. I d be fine with line change method for the rb stable. Reese, and Davis. Quarles and Davis. Reese and Quarles. Seems like a fair rotation. Everyone gets field time. All three are dangerous to defenses in their own way. I like having options.

They are certainly going after speed. Add in De Jesus as slot WR, and we will have some dudes that can scoot.

Having all smaller backs does concern me when pass pro, but if the style of offense is predicated on quick reads and misdirection, without much traditional pocket passes it may not matter much. Often a RB just needs to get in the way and slow down a pass rusher anyway.

But still having another type of back, even if they serve as a more of a blocker/ goal line player, could be of some utility?

Yeah I know. And it's good to have multiple backs, especially with some similar skills.

My point is everybody just seems to be writing Courtney Reese off and I think he will be very much in the mix.
Who is making that case against Reese? There are about 10,000 players on a team, and we are excited about the new guys.

To go along with your point, I see Reese and Davis starting in the backfield and both being beasts for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT