ADVERTISEMENT

PAC is playing checkers

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
While the PAC is busy playing checkers, it appears UNLV is playing 3D or 4D chess!
Fun Dog GIF by Brussels.Sprout

In 2-3-4 years we'll know who was playing what game and who won.

If UNLV is in BIG12 UNLV won.

If PAC is thriving and MWC is struggling and UNLV is still there. PAC won.
But...
What if the Pac is "thriving" but UNLV is still out pacing them by dominating all 3 major sports and their revenue is only slightly behind the payouts the Pac 7 teams are receiving?.... who wins then?

But...
What if the Pac is "thriving" but UNLV is still out pacing them by dominating all 3 major sports and their revenue is only slightly behind the payouts the Pac 7 teams are receiving?.... who wins then?

A lot of ifs in both scenarios.

If UNLV is making the CFP or truly in the hunt consistently. UNLV.

If UNLV is getting overlooked because of a week conference schedule and a PAC team is getting in more often. The PAC.

You honestly can't tell me that we built The Mendenhall Center got handed the Fertitta Complex and play in a billion dollar stadium and the goal was to dominate the WAC 2.0.

In my opinion the ultimate goal is to be in a power conference before realignment goes bonkers again and we get left behind.

However that happens I don't care.

A lot of ifs in both scenarios.

If UNLV is making the CFP or truly in the hunt consistently. UNLV.

If UNLV is getting overlooked because of a week conference schedule and a PAC team is getting in more often. The PAC.

You honestly can't tell me that we built The Mendenhall Center got handed the Fertitta Complex and play in a billion dollar stadium and the goal was to dominate the WAC 2.0.

In my opinion the ultimate goal is to be in a power conference before realignment goes bonkers again and we get left behind.

However that happens I don't care.
Winning will get UNLV into major TV games. Network games can bring in a lot more money and become game changers. This is also why UNLV must get basketball back to a higher level.

Winning will get UNLV into major TV games. Network games can bring in a lot more money and become game changers. This is also why UNLV must get basketball back to a higher level.

How many times was Boise on major Networks in their 'Prime'? Not asking to be an ass I simply don't remember it outside of bowl games and like 1 or 2 early season OOC games.

P4 conferences dominate the major networks.

College basketball kind of the same thing really.

I know winning helps but how many times was Liberty the featured game on ABC / NBC / ESPN last year. Or JMU even?

I'm resigned to the fact UNLV has to play in the MWC now. I'm even ok with the decision if it leads to a BIG12 invite. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend that being in a lesser conference is better than being in a better conference. Lets say PAC adds NMSU and MWC adds UTEP for both to get to 8, you can't tell me the MWC is anywhere near as good. I liked the conference we were in. It was competitive. Best G5 in the country. It's not anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT