ADVERTISEMENT

Our final spot has just been filled??

Outside injury and his last year for whatever reason with the Don's, he's a pretty good shooter and scorer. Not sure what happened his jr year where his shots dropped off..

Outside injury and his last year for whatever reason with the Don's, he's a pretty good shooter and scorer. Not sure what happened his jr year where his shots dropped off..
Seems like desperation to me. I mean is that the best we could do? Even healthy it seems like a reach. Im sure there was better players. Probably not in out price range. It only going to get worse from here IMO. The NIL money is just not there. We were not even close to landing Jefferson. Laughably not close.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
Seems like desperation to me. I mean is that the best we could do? Even healthy it seems like a reach. Im sure there was better players. Probably not in out price range. It only going to get worse from here IMO. The NIL money is just not there. We were not even close to landing Jefferson. Laughably not close.
Well, we couldn’t shoot. And no, the guy ain’t a sharpshooter but hopefully can shoot it better than Webster.

Not an inspiring get, but I’d rather get somebody who can maybe shoot it a little bit.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Well, we couldn’t shoot. And no, the guy ain’t a sharpshooter but hopefully can shoot it better than Webster.

Not an inspiring get, but I’d rather get somebody who can maybe shoot it a little bit.
There is probably 100 guys in the portal that are better shooters than him. If he starts we our in trouble. Maybe he gets healthy and has a break out year? CKK better hope so. So many new faces. Very little DIV 1 experience between our squad. IT might be a rough year.

A wing with a history of being a decent shooter and a devastating knee injury. Couldn't crack the rotation at Florida coming off that knee injury. Adds another potential shooter with a bit better defensive advanced metrics than some of our other wings.

In game vs Zags he showed a nice fall away jump shot. Should be good for us if we need a quick three. USF had a good team.

Played 8 games for Florida. Must have had an injury after he transferred from Boston College. then he went to USF so this has to be his Covid year. 6'5 200 lbs from California. He could be a diamond waiting to shine or just a quick three shooter like at USF.

Played 8 games for Florida. Must have had an injury after he transferred from Boston College. then he went to USF so this has to be his Covid year. 6'5 200 lbs from California. He could be a diamond waiting to shine or just a quick three shooter like at USF.
He transferred from BC to USF as a healthy portal transfer. He blew out 3/4 knee ligaments in the same knee mid-conference schedule for the Dons and transferred to Florida. Wasn't cleared for contact until late October with the Gators and never really cracked the rotation. Pretty sure he got a medical hardship last year since he only played in 8 games.

Last edited:
Yeah, his 2 years prior to his Jr year he shot 40% from 3. If he is recovered from injury, he's the type of weapon you need to shoot your way out of a deficit. I don't know what people think we were going to be getting with 1 roster spot and it being mid-May and us being a Mid-major program with mid-major budget... again, the entire roster is shaped to play around a distributor at PG, shooters outside, and Whaley/Cherry/Whoever big on the inside. There's not a shining star outside DTJ but that isn't necessarily a bad thing of they're all scrappy players. We got 3 sharp shooters that could all either be terrible or shoot exactly what you need to allow Whaley and our Center to eat down low...

Yeah, his 2 years prior to his Jr year he shot 40% from 3. If he is recovered from injury, he's the type of weapon you need to shoot your way out of a deficit. I don't know what people think we were going to be getting with 1 roster spot and it being mid-May and us being a Mid-major program with mid-major budget... again, the entire roster is shaped to play around a distributor at PG, shooters outside, and Whaley/Cherry/Whoever big on the inside. There's not a shining star outside DTJ but that isn't necessarily a bad thing of they're all scrappy players. We got 3 sharp shooters that could all either be terrible or shoot exactly what you need to allow Whaley and our Center to eat down low...
We likely have all of our starters anyway and just need another shooter which this fits the bill. Plus he has upside if he is recovered.

Hopefully he is healthy. Over looked, but he averaged 6.3 rpg his junior year at USF. Another strong rebounding guard and underscores my main issue with Whaley.
  • Made eight appearances at Florida in his grad season while attempting to come back from a knee injury suffered during his senior season at San Francisco.
  • Played three seasons at San Francisco following his freshman campaign at Boston College.
  • A critical part of San Francisco’s NCAA Tournament run in 2021-22, averaging 7.4 points and 6.3 rebounds while shooting .430 from 3-point range in 19.1 minutes per game off the bench.
  • Has four 20-point games and 28 double-figure scoring outings, including a career-high 25 at BYU (2/25/21) and a notable 20-point showing in the 2022 WAC Tournament championship game vs. top-ranked Gonzaga (3/7/17).
  • Twice knocked down five 3-pointers in a game and had seven other outings with four 3-point field goals.
  • Played for two seasons under Todd Golden at San Francisco from 2020-22.

Hopefully he is healthy. Over looked, but he averaged 6.3 rpg his junior year at USF. Another strong rebounding guard and underscores my main issue with Whaley.
  • Made eight appearances at Florida in his grad season while attempting to come back from a knee injury suffered during his senior season at San Francisco.
  • Played three seasons at San Francisco following his freshman campaign at Boston College.
  • A critical part of San Francisco’s NCAA Tournament run in 2021-22, averaging 7.4 points and 6.3 rebounds while shooting .430 from 3-point range in 19.1 minutes per game off the bench.
  • Has four 20-point games and 28 double-figure scoring outings, including a career-high 25 at BYU (2/25/21) and a notable 20-point showing in the 2022 WAC Tournament championship game vs. top-ranked Gonzaga (3/7/17).
  • Twice knocked down five 3-pointers in a game and had seven other outings with four 3-point field goals.
  • Played for two seasons under Todd Golden at San Francisco from 2020-22.
This is why I'm not overreacting to the signing. I think he will provide pivotal minutes off the bench and if he can get hot in a game from outside, he's the type that can drop 5 or 6 threes... again, another hopeful solid role guy, same as the Boise St kid.
My biggest fear would be that our roster has a bunch of guys that were injured for long periods or all of last year- wasn't Barnabie also technically injured, Hill, Cottrell, Rishwain... if there's any delay or guys just don't come back that's a huge portion of back end of roster that could be affected

Rishwain, Whiting and Bedford have all have shown based on past seasons the ability of shooting 40% plus from 3. There is no guarantee as to future performance. But they are all capable of shooting the 3 ball at a high percentage

Last edited:
Catch and shoot guy... he gets the ball off quickly. If he is healthy he's going to really benefit from the inside out stuff with Whaley and the drive and kick from DTJ..

Catch and shoot guy... he gets the ball off quickly. If he is healthy he's going to really benefit from the inside out stuff with Whaley and the drive and kick from DTJ..
Most of what I've seen is that he's not a catch and shoot guy--they asked him to do a lot of that his senior year and he shot 26%. He's much more comfortable shooting off though dribble, cut, or side/back step. But he has a clean release, average handles, and good length for a 2.

We needed one more shooter.

Last edited:
Love the pick-up on last scholarship. First, I can't believe anyone would expect much from a throw in. It's like your 7th round draft pick, take a shot. And I for one think every team needs that older white guard on the play ground with the knee brace. He'll do well as a team player with limited minutes and probably give you a meaningful 3. Let's hope the knee can holdup. I''ve had 4 operations rehab sucks I like the attitude of guys trying to come back from injuries it can be inspiring.

Love the pick-up on last scholarship. First, I can't believe anyone would expect much from a throw in. It's like your 7th round draft pick, take a shot. And I for one think every team needs that older white guard on the play ground with the knee brace. He'll do well as a team player with limited minutes and probably give you a meaningful 3. Let's hope the knee can holdup. I''ve had 4 operations rehab sucks I like the attitude of guys trying to come back from injuries it can be inspiring.
Here is to hoping he actually is back to his middle years at USF because if thats the case then finally we might be able to actually play through DTJ between feeding Whaley or kicking out to a shooter, which we could potentially have a few that can spread the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT