ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UNLV Recreational Gym

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Me and a buddy decided to go workout at the student recreational gym. It’s 10 bucks to get in. I am actually impressed with the entire facility. It’s a whopping 4 floors and has all the gym equipment u need. What’s cool is the dumbbells have the UNLV logo etched in. Yes, I was tempted to steal them, no I did not do it.

Anyways, I saw this little contraption.

So..back in your physical prime, how tall could you jump? Enquiring minds want to know.

Me and a buddy decided to go workout at the student recreational gym. It’s 10 bucks to get in. I am actually impressed with the entire facility. It’s a whopping 4 floors and has all the gym equipment u need. What’s cool is the dumbbells have the UNLV logo etched in. Yes, I was tempted to steal them, no I did not do it.

So..back in your physical prime, how tall could you jump? Enquiring minds want to know.
I’m short … of course, not as short as you. 5-8.

But in my best shape, 18-19, I could dunk on a regulation rim.

With a tennis ball.

When I got back into good shape at 40, nah, couldn’t do the tennis ball. Could only graze the rim.

Do you still have the video of you trying to dunk at … was it Findlay Prep?

• Wow
Reactions: MonsterJam
I’m short … of course, not as short as you. 5-8.

But in my best shape, 18-19, I could dunk on a regulation rim.

With a tennis ball.

When I got back into good shape at 40, nah, couldn’t do the tennis ball. Could only graze the rim.

Do you still have the video of you trying to dunk at … was it Findlay Prep?
Man, those videos were lost. I can’t find them anywhere. That video of me trying to dunk was at a recreational center behind the stratosphere. That’s where there was footage of that Guard from Baylor who was a local. I can’t remember his name.

It’s never too late to get back into shape. Your wife does the beachbody program or it’s now called bodi. Invest in a few couple of plates from Les Mills and train with your wife.

Man, those videos were lost. I can’t find them anywhere. That video of me trying to dunk was at a recreational center behind the stratosphere. That’s where there was footage of that Guard from Baylor who was a local. I can’t remember his name.

It’s never too late to get back into shape. Your wife does the beachbody program or it’s now called bodi. Invest in a few couple of plates from Les Mills and train with your wife.
Probably Pierre Jackson

Reactions: RebelScrub
I worked there and was a manager there while in school. It was a premium facility all the way through. Strip hotels would send guests here especially if they wanted to swim laps. One thing I didnt enjoy was setting up volleyball nets but the rest of the facility was hands down excellent. Including the Raquetball courts and the Student Wellness rooms where you could sit in a massage chair for an hour and nap... lol

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I worked there and was a manager there while in school. It was a premium facility all the way through. Strip hotels would send guests here especially if they wanted to swim laps. One thing I didnt enjoy was setting up volleyball nets but the rest of the facility was hands down excellent. Including the Raquetball courts and the Student Wellness rooms where you could sit in a massage chair for an hour and nap... lol
I worked in the one on-campus at USC while I went there. It was a dump.

I worked in the one on-campus at USC while I went there. It was a dump.
My cameraman aka Tony..Graduated with a psychology degree from USC. He wanted to go study law but dropped out.

Now he’s 90,000 in the hole.

The UNLV campus is just amazing. I like the track on the 4th floor.

He wants to go to UNLV and be get into cyber security.

Hope he gets in. UNLV is a great school.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

#nevertoolate - that's my thing - Im 52 and can touch rim "again" it is incredibly rare for someone my age .....and only being 5'9 and for having blowing out my KNEE at (49 torn meniscus and torn ACL) - rehabbed with NO surgery and got strong again late in life. I workout with some of the highest jumpers in the world. Now I teach kids how to jump and be Athletic. https://youtube.com/shorts/ikl1KUrCusw

I could dunk a Tennis Ball. 30 years later .... https://youtube.com/shorts/ikl1KUrCusw

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT