ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Star Wars

Nostalgia like you alluded to the old Rebel BRAND is way gone. So why not?? I would rather have Disney backing then watch this brand of basketball go even further into oblivion. Swallow our pride and winning cures alot. You would see people like RebelScrub wearing Star Wars stuff at games everywhere ,but atleast it would reenergize the fan base and bring in much needed $$ in several areas.
Whatever they want to do. Not making money, the brand has been trashed beyond recognition … the difference in old school vs new school, not talking success, talking about a very strong and unique identity that was a draw … is night and day.

So if they want to Mickeyize the program to make money and maybe draw new peeps, go for it. Gotta survive somehow.

If you could even get the use of any Disney mascot, they would charge an arm and a leg for the use of it, and take most of the money from anything sold with the mascot on it.
OK a example Sell 5,000 PLUS PLUS hats and Charge 35$ for a hat and we get 10$ on the back end?? To sell 100 hats and charge 20$ > It would be a untapped market. If done right i would believe it would be millions in Disney sales for UNLV. They might even get on board with the NIL money. Just play the woke game (UGGGHH). TONS of potential so many different angles to make $$, draw in a ton of new fans, significant more NIL money and a TON and i mean TONS of exposure.

OK an example Sell 5,000 PLUS PLUS hats and Charge 35$ for a hat and we get 10$ on the back end?? To sell 100 hats and charge 20$ > It would be an untapped market. If done right i would believe it would be millions in Disney sales for UNLV. They might even get on board with the NIL money. Just play the woke game (UGGGHH). TONS of potential so many different angles to make $$, draw in a ton of new fans, significant more NIL money and a TON and i mean TONS of exposure.
Taylor Swift is a better musician than Janis Joplin.

Whatever they want to do. Not making money, the brand has been trashed beyond recognition … the difference in old school vs new school, not talking success, talking about a very strong and unique identity that was a draw … is night and day.

So if they want to Mickeyize the program to make money and maybe draw new peeps, go for it. Gotta survive somehow.
Simple just put UNLV Rebels with the Rebellion logo. UNLV wins!!

The woman who played Greedo in New Hope passed away.

The Acolyte..

I dunno what to make of this series.

The Jedi have become detectives..bumbling ones too.

Last edited:
May the thread be with you...

Honestly it's embarrassing what they're doing to the franchise... Anakin half sisters, you can survive getting stabbed by a lightsaber but not a knife, weird plots, Jedi as bad guys...

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Taylor Swift is a better musician than Janis Joplin.

In the name of all that is holy tell me this is sarcasm and I am missing it.

I seriously do not get the Taulor Swift phenomenon.

She's pretty vanilla across the board.

She's attractive but you literally see girls at the swap meet prettier.So it's not her looks.

Her music is vapid bubblegum pop/country.

She doesn't have some amazing voice. Like an Adele.

Seriously I do not get it at all.

Reactions: Rebel_Luv

Omg, I cannot freakin’ wait!!

My best friend has Disney so imma crash and watch it.

Yo, since UNLV cancelled our mascot, I wanna get a red Rebel pilot outfit and wear it to UNLV games.

I’ll be known as Red 4

Well it's an upgrade over the tie dyed yoga pants and plastic green cowboy hat and Care Bear T Shirt ensemble you were rocking lastt year.

Reactions: Rebel1986

She's attractive but you literally see girls at the swap meet prettier.So it's not her looks.

I don’t think she’s ugly, but I don’t think she’s pretty in the slightest. Scrub has more curves than her.

And her music, what I’ve heard, is awful. I don’t understand it either. At all.

Reactions: Rebel_Luv
I don’t think she’s ugly, but I don’t think she’s pretty in the slightest. Scrub has more curves than her.

That is because we are from the generations that like groups like the Rolling Stones and the Beatles. No doubt my parents never understood how I liked their music either!

Reactions: LVRebel2000

I won't go so far as to say it's awful.

But.

There's just nothing special about it. It sounds like everything else on the radio.

Like when Adele sings you know it's her.
When Slash plays guitar you know it's him.

A Taylor Swift song comes on, it could be any number of other artists..

I really just don't get the phenomenon.

She also resembles Aleister Crowley’s woman.

She is controlled by Illumuminati Sith overlord “Max Martin”

Max Martin is #3 songwriter behind the Beatles.

you’re Welcome.

Last edited:

But.

There's just nothing special about it. It sounds like everything else on the radio.

What about today’s rap music. How is THAT on the radio?

Reactions: bcvegaspt

But.

BTM is pretty damn good though. Have you heard those dudes?

Scrub has a poster of them on his wall.

In the old days, even if I disliked a group/song/style, I respected the artistry of constructing a song/album from start to finish. Or at least a large portion of the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullmastiff 1

In the old days, even if I disliked a group/song/style, I respected the artistry of constructing a song/album from start to finish. Or at least a large portion of the process.

Can't say I have any Prince on my play lists but totally acknowledge he is one of the most talented musicians of the last 50 years...

So I definitely get it.

Can't say I have any Prince on my play lists but totally acknowledge he is one of the most talented musicians of the last 50 years...

So I definitely get it.
I have a few songs, never was a huge fan of his, but respected him. Even more so after seeing him in concert.

Tons of artists like that for me. People I don’t listen to much but they do their thing well and I respect them for their craft. Too many to list.

I don’t have respect for studio concoctions and perfection in performance to create a star. It’s like WWF to me.

I’d really have loved to be a fly on the wall when Queen, Zep, Floyd, Sabbath, The Who, ELO, Rush, Skynyrd, SRV, and many, many, many others from many genres went through the entire creative process from A to Z. Respect for that. They are musicians which is different than a performer.

I have a few songs, never was a huge fan of his, but respected him. Even more so after seeing him in concert.

Tons of artists like that for me. People I don’t listen to much but they do their thing well and I respect them for their craft. Too many to list.

I don’t have respect for studio concoctions and perfection in performance to create a star. It’s like WWF to me.

I’d really have loved to be a fly on the wall when Queen, Zep, Floyd, Sabbath, The Who, ELO, Rush, Skynyrd, SRV, and many, many, many others from many genres went through the entire creative process from A to Z. Respect for that. They are musicians which is different than a performer.
One group that DIDN’T play instruments and was a studio type creation that I DID enjoy was B2M. I thought they had amazing voices and their harmonizing was incredible. Then again, voice is an instrument …

Who could possibly be better than milli v
milli vanilli fraud GIF
anilli? 😁 🤣🤣

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
Boyz II Men has been back and forth between 1 and 1A for me since I was in high school. Love their style.

I deserve to get grief for this but she was part of a charity concert I saw years ago. Sara McLaughlin. Don't like her songs or style at all. In person, she pulls you in better than anyone I've ever seen.

Boyz II Men has been back and forth between 1 and 1A for me since I was in high school. Love their style.

I deserve to get grief for this but she was part of a charity concert I saw years ago. Sara McLaughlin. Don't like her songs or style at all. In person, she pulls you in better than anyone I've ever seen.
Sometimes people surprised you with their performances. That happened to me with Prince. I’ve always been drawn to a more driving rock, but you can see it when they feel it …

BTS..good dancers, terrible singers. I will stab my ears out before I listen to those guys.

I went to go watch Coldplay in Argentina at the movie theaters. I’ve never really listened to them. God, their music f’n sucks. I was screaming at the theater screen and the youngin’s who were there were getting mad. It gets f’n worse…towards the end. One of those BTS guys came out with Coldplay and started singing with them!! by then I lost my f’n sh*t. I was really hoping..mass hysteria would ensue and these guys in the crowd at Argentina were getting Heat exhaustion and getting crushed..either or would be fine with me.

Awful awful stuff. Ask the Oasis guy on the board about them. He will tell you their stuff is good.

BTS..good dancers, terrible singers. I will stab my ears out before I listen to those guys.

I went to go watch Coldplay in Argentina at the movie theaters. I’ve never really listened to them. God, their music f’n sucks. I was screaming at the theater screen and the youngin’s who were there were getting mad. It gets f’n worse…towards the end. One of those BTS guys came out with Coldplay and started singing with them!! by then I lost my f’n sh*t. I was really hoping..mass hysteria would ensue and these guys in the crowd at Argentina were getting Heat exhaustion and getting crushed..either or would be fine with me.

Awful awful stuff. Ask the Oasis guy on the board about them. He will tell you their stuff is good.
BTM, BTS, ATM, whatever they are; it sucks.

Hey Star Wars is not on life support after the newest episode part 4.

UNLV men’s basketball…dead beyond dead, yet you guys continue to support the trainwreck.

It's close but I think Star Wars is more dead than Runnin Rebel basketball, at least for me. I still care about the Rebels but Star Wars is a total flatline for me.
Rebel basketball lasted longer. Jedi was what, 1984, 1985? We were significant until 1991.

Then they came up with Some jar jar guy and a flying wasp. And the acting was atrocious (but it was for the first three releases as well). But it seems like it went from sci-fi to heavy cosplay in 15 years. Crap is wholly unwatchable now.

Rebel basketball lasted longer. Jedi was what, 1984, 1985? We were significant until 1991.

Then they came up with Some jar jar guy and a flying wasp. And the acting was atrocious (but it was for the first three releases as well). But it seems like it went from sci-fi to heavy cosplay in 15 years. Crap is wholly unwatchable now.
Jedi was 1983..

Roommate doing okay. Relative was a shit head for not showing up Monday. Had a leaking bathroom..like wtf really?

Dont worry, I got him PF Chang’s braised egg plants and pepper steak. And today I got him a Costco dog for 1.50.

Yuppow is a f’n incredible free streaming app. Watched first 3 episodes of Masters of the air. He loved every single minute of it.

The Acolyte is a slow build. I’m not giving up on it just yet, but Jedi’s aren’t f’n great in the post Kathleen Kennedy era. They are easily killed.

He slept right through the acolyte episode 4.

@JTthe2nd

Who ya bangin’ …Mae or Oscha?

Roofers are fixing the roof so a lot of hammering away. I asked them if there are any noticeable holes going to my room since my asthma has been outta controls.

I need to replace air vent. Lemme know how much cost is..

Roommate has iron lungs.

I have glass lungs.

Jedi was 1983..

Roommate doing okay. Relative was a shit head for not showing up Monday. Had a leaking bathroom..like wtf really?

Dont worry, I got him PF Chang’s braised egg plants and pepper steak. And today I got him a Costco dog for 1.50.

Yuppow is a f’n incredible free streaming app. Watched first 3 episodes of Masters of the air. He loved every single minute of it.

The Acolyte is a slow build. I’m not giving up on it just yet, but Jedi’s aren’t f’n great in the post Kathleen Kennedy era. They are easily killed.

He slept right through the acolyte episode 4.

@JTthe2nd

Who ya bangin’ …Mae or Oscha?

Roofers are fixing the roof so a lot of hammering away. I asked them if there are any noticeable holes going to my room since my asthma has been outta controls.

I need to replace air vent. Lemme know how much cost is..

Roommate has iron lungs.

I have glass lungs.
I checked out that site. I’m sold.

Two obscure movies that few have heard of that I could never rewatch because they were both hard to find.

That site had it.

Reactions: RebelScrub
I checked out that site. I’m sold.

Two obscure movies that few have heard of that I could never rewatch because they were both hard to find.

That site had it.
I really want to watch Race with the Devil (1970’s) with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT