ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PT’s and Docs

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
I know we got a few of you here and I hate when people do this to me with my job - but here it goes.

Some background - Growing up I was a pretty rough and tumble athlete, but was very fortunate to never suffer from a knee or back injury (trust me, I knock on wood for that). My ankles are another story. They both were a wreck by the time I was 20. Several severe sprains that would have been better off if I broke my leg instead. I’ve sprained both badly with ankles turning inward (far less often) and outward. I’m talking sprains that leave blood pooled in your foot to where the entire foot turns the colors of the rainbow. Today, I don’t think about them often, but now and again I’ll look like a spazz when one completely collapses and I go to the ground - and not from any direct stress, I’m talking walking straight. They just give way when they feel like it.

About two months ago, I made a faulty step going down the stairs (stepped on a kids toy) and I felt my left knee slightly pop and then a temporary searing pain in my knee. Grabbed the handrail, was fine. It hurt for a bit, but nothing major. I was able to walk and have been able to walk. But it’s like the ankle now. It happened to me this morning. Turning a corner somewhat quickly, the knee gave. Same pain. Didn’t feel a pop this time. I feel like I can sprint a straight line, but I feel like if I make a hard cut, it’s gonna blow. I don’t need any aspirin or pain meds, I feel fine, just that initial hot knife-like pain.

I know you’d need MRI’s and range of motion tests and all those other things for a diagnosis and that sort of thing ... but based on your experience, would you say it’s an MCL thing? A strain? I don’t think I snapped it.

To let you know, I have no intention of heading to a doc or surgery or any rehab or anything like that. It seems relatively minor and Even if I had the time to deal with it, I probably wouldn’t since it’s just a hindrance instead of a huge problem. I’ll deal with it as I do my ankles. So it’s more curiosity at this point... maybe I’ll get some sort of brace... I don’t know. Any ideas?

I know the disclaimer on any response :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News