ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My post on why Floyd is GOAT

CRhodes1983

National Player of the Year
Gold Member
May 17, 2013
Las Vegas NV
I want honest feedback.. if this is good, bad whatever.. I put some effort into it.. I posted it to the Mayweather thread.. I wanted to post it as its own thread.. but was afraid I was going to lose it.. so I posted it there haha... Please EVERYBODY read it.. and let me know what they think about it...

Wow.. of course Floyd is the GOAT.. let's just look at his career..

Multiple time Golden Gloves Champion in 3 different weight classes (106, 114, 125)
Bronze medalist in the summer games (We all know it was fixed, should of won Gold)

He turns pro in 1996 and WINS his first championship 2 years later with an 8 round TKO over THE RING Magazine's #1 Super Featherweight in the world Genaro Hernandez (taking on the best in the weight class).. that is unheard of.. taking out the top guy in that short of a time span..

At age 21.. he wins the Ring Magazine's Fighter of the Year award (same age as Sugar Ray Robinson, and Ali).. and was ranked #8 pound for pound..(Again we will never see anyone dominate the sport at a young age like Mayweather has done)

At age 22.. defends the belt 3 times.. crushes everybody and by the end of the year.. he was ranked the #2 pound for pound fighter in the WORLD.. (behind Roy Jones Jr).. (Again unheard of.. a 22 year old being that GOOD.. insane)

At age 23.. he fights Diego Corrales who was undefeated (just like Floyd) (never touched the canvas, just like Floyd) Diego was the #5 pound for pound in the world and #1 super featherweight in the world.. Floyd was #2 super featherweight.. and #7 pound for pound in the world... Floyd CRUSHED HIM!!! Dropped Diego 5 times.. out hit him 220 to 60.. come on.. and Diego was the #5 pound for pound in the WORLD AT THE TIME!! Diego's corner STOPPED THE FIGHT.. even though Diego was bigger, and stronger.. insane... in 2 short years.. he clears out the division... by age 23!!!! That is unheard of...

Beats a future super featherweight champion by the name of Carlos Hernandez by UD... after that fight.. his next fight.. beats the WBC #1 contender by the name of Jesus Chavez (who came into the fight on a 31 fight winning streak.. (a theme in all of Mayweather fights stopping winning streaks) .. Mayweather defended the super featherweight belt 8 times in 3 years.. so that division is cleared out and dominated...

He moves up to lightweight.. and takes on the WBC champion and ring #1 lightweight in the world in Jose Luis Castillo.. beats him... in a UD.. people thought Castillo beat Mayweather... (the ref was awful in that fight.. didn't give Mayweather a knock-down in round 2, Should of taken more than 1 point away from Castillo seeing that Castllio kept hitting Mayweather after the break..Mayweather responded by hitting Castillo with elbows.. got a point taken away) gives Castillo an immediate rematch.. and beats him again.. those were very close fights.. probably Mayweather's two of his toughest 3 fights he has ever had... let's not forget.. Castillo walked in those fights 10 pounds heavier so Mayweather was fighting a bigger guy... beats Castillo both times by UD

Beats Victornio Sosa (some guy who was 35-3)... then at the end of the year.. fights the WBC #1 ranked contender Phillip N'dou who was 31-1 with 30 KO's.. (not a nobody was ranked #1 by the WBC).. stops him in the 9th round... end of 2003.. Floyd is still the Ring's lightweight champion and #5 pound for pound in the world (not bad for a 26 year old)

At age 27.. moves up to 140.. and fights Demarcus "Chop Chop" Corley.. UD's... then fights Henry Brusles... beats him.. EARNS his fight with the champion at 140.. Aruto Gatti.. who was champion at 140... and DOMINATED Gatti... just made him look like a chump... fought Gatti in Gatti's backyard in Atlantic City... (another theme of this thesis.. Mayweather making champions look like chumps and making corner's stop fights)..

After crushing the light welterweight division.. moves up to welterweight.. beats Shamba Mitchell by KO.. then fights Zab Judah (before Judah got crazy, and unmotivated).. beats Judah by UD... then beats Carlos Baldomir (who had all the belts and hadn't lost in over 8 YEARS and was the WBC and The Ring champion)... Again.. beating guys who hadn't lost in 31 fights (Jesus Chavez) and now beats a guy in Carlos Baldomir who hadn't lost in 8 years..

Think about that.. Baldomir doesn't lose for 8 years.. and then fights Mayweather... and loses every round on 2 judge's scorecard's and all but 2 on another judge's scorecard... and this was a guy who hasn't lost for 8 years!!!!! Mayweather makes him look like a chump... after that...

Moves up in weight and FIGHTS OSCAR DE LA HOYA (something Manny DID NOT DO!!! Manny made Oscar move down to 147 but i disgress).. Mayweather moves up to 154... (Mayweather comes into the fight weighing 150 pounds.. Oscar out weighs him by 10 pounds).. what does Floyd do.. Out-lands Oscar 207-122 in total punches and 134-82 in power punches.. and wins the title by S.D.. Come on.. moves up in weight.. and out-lands the champion by 85 punches.. and 52 Power Punches... again.. unheard of... crazy numbers... shows you the greatness of Floyd...

Moves back down in weight.. and here we go again.. fights an undefeated Ricky Hatton... (who was "The Ring's light welterweight champion) and DEMOLISHES him... stops him in the 10th round.. and retires...

After 21 months.. comes out of retirement and fights "The Ring" lightweight champion and #2 POUND FOR POUND in the world in JMM... at a catchweight of 142... and yes Mayweather missed weight.. by 4 pounds.. but JMM didn't seem to mind as he got paid to change the contract terms (Mayweather was allowed to weigh in at the welterweight limit of 140-147).. Mayweather beats him EASILY... and without problem..

About beating the #2 Pound for pound fighter in JMM... be fights the #3 Pound for Pound fighter in the world in Shane Mosley.. and EASILY wins that fight again... so to recap.. comes out of retirement.. and beats the #2 pound for pound fighter and then beats the #3 pound for pound fighter.. (so much for fighting easy fights)...

Then he fights the WBC welterweight champion and "The Ring" #2 welterweight in the world.. Victor Ortiz.. (after taking 16 months off; so much for taking an easy fight, taking on a CHAMPION)... beats him.. (protect yourself at all times.. already touched gloves once.. don't need to touch gloves twice.. and Ortiz was fighting dirty.. got what was coming to him)..

After that.. MOVES UP IN WEIGHT to FIGHT the WBA Super Welterweight and "The Ring" #1 ranked light middleweight Miguel Cotto (not an easy fight).. won by UD 117-11 on two judge's scorecards.. and 118-110 on another judge's scorecard... again.. how many fighters move up in weight and win against the champion.. impressive.. to go up in weight and beat the champion...

Goes to jail.. and comes out of jail and fights the WBC interim welterweight champion, The Ring #3 ranked welterweight in the world in Robert "Ghost" Guerrero (who hadn't lost in 7 years)... and easily beats him.. (another top 3 guy in the division; not easy fighting the best guys in the division)...

After that.. fights the WBC, WBA Super Welterweight champion and the #10 guy pound for pound in Canelo... (if he was such bum, the guy wouldn't of been champion and undefeated).. Also when you are champion.. you are considered the best.. (Ie Pats winning the Super Bowl, Spurs winning the NBA Finals etc etc)... and wait.. Canelo was undefeated... yes.. there is that pattern again... beating an undefeated guy...

After beating Canelo.. he fights the WBA Super welterweight champion in Marcus Maidana(who earned the Mayweather fight by winning 6 of his last 7 fights).. beats him... the fight was close... Mayweather gives him a re-match.. and beats him again...

Then it comes to Pac-Man (after steroid Pac-Man).. I believe Pac-Man is highly over-rated (Not the same Pac-Man pre steroid, and pre HGH Manny Pac-Man).. and I was proven right.. Mayweather easily beats him.. was it not Rocky 4.. Yes.. but was it boring.. No... Mayweather's defense is exciting to watch.. (was watching the Ravens 00 defense boring?? 02 Bucs.. Steel Curtain etc etc; we praise those defense's but disdain Mayweather's).. Mayweather's defense is top all time.. and he hits you.. when you can't hit the other guy.. and the other guy is hitting you.. that is boxing.. and Mayweather does it best...

Okay.. let's look at the resume:

Mayweather holds EVERY BELT... Was Ring Magazine's fighter of the year at age 21, at age 22, was ranked the #2 pound for pound fighter in the world.. He has beaten 8 CHAMPIONS (Generao Hernandez, Castillo, Gatti, Carlos Baldomir, Oscar, Victor Ortiz, Miguel Cotto, and Canelo... he has ended 31 fight winning streaks (Jesus Chavez).. has put the first loss in 7 years on "Ghost" Guerrero... put the first loss on Carlos Baldimir in 8 years... put the first loss on Hatton, Canelo, Diego Corrales.. has BEATEN EVERYBODY put before him.. has gone up in weight and beat champions (Castillo, Gatti, Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto)... in back to back fights.. fought the #2 pound for pound fighter in JMM, after that.. fought the #3 ranked pound for pound fighter in Shane Mosley.. out boxed EVERYBODY... and people want to HATE on him because he doesn't fight exciting?!? Because he hits you and doesn't get hit himself... Because he IS THE BOSS.. and doesn't give a F what me, you, and everybody else think about him... that RESUME IS STRONG.. 2nd to none.. ooo yeah..and he is 48-0

I rest my case.. floor is yours..

Chris Rhodes

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News