ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lake Mead

1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
For the love of God, I used to eat fishes out of that water growing up. How many more bodies and weird crap are they going to find?

I can't even throw up to get it out of my genes.
And you guys are still drinking and using water out off there. Suck to be you. Chlorine or not, that bodies are still there every time you turn on the faucet. Chiiet.

I was wondering why Sinatra only eat can foods and bottled water!

Some people not only know where the bodies are buried, they know where they are dumped!
Forget the bodies.

bro, I wanna see the B-29 that’s crashed under lake mead.

will there be water in 20 years?

Get a map of the U.S. and put your finger on Denver. West of there to the coast and South of there to Mexico is in a megadrought. We have been in drought for 22 years which is the worst in 1200 years. This year the Mountains above Cedar City got between 6% and 15% of the normal snowpack. Every city is scrambling for water.

This is the local issue of our time and very few people are aware of the severity. And nobody really has a solution.

All farming in California and Arizona needs to stop yesterday. It's a band aid but it'll buy time for something crazy like a pipeline from the Mississippi river to the Colorado river.
Get a map of the U.S. and put your finger on Denver. West of there to the coast and South of there to Mexico is in a megadrought. We have been in drought for 22 years which is the worst in 1200 years. This year the Mountains above Cedar City got between 6% and 15% of the normal snowpack. Every city is scrambling for water.

This is the local issue of our time and very few people are aware of the severity. And nobody really has a solution.

California idiots just rejected a desalination project that would've produced 50 million gallons of drinking water a day saying it's 'unnecessary'. Those must be an example of the people who don't get how serious the problem is.

If there was one thing I had to point to that would keep me from moving back to Las Vegas it would be the water situation. Of course, my wife would point to the fact that my ex is from there and that my kids/grandkids who live there would keep the ex returning, as well. [winking]

Last edited:
Reactions: j. spilotro
Politicians and citizens don't like to address the water levels at Lake Mead. It's a very real issue.
Over 400 houses are going in at Lake Las Vegas. If these corporate builders don’t care why should I ?.

I remember going to Hoover Dam on a rainy night when I was a kid because they were letting water out of Lake Mead into the Colorado. That was pretty cool to see, but that'll never happen again.
Hopefully one day, but yeah, definitely not anytime soon. It's crazy the drought that the whole west coast had been in

If there was one thing I had to point to that would keep me from moving back to Las Vegas it would be the water situation. Of course, my wife would point to the fact that my ex is from there and that my kids/grandkids who live would keep the ex returning, as well. [winking]
Hopefully one day, but yeah, definitely not anytime soon. It's crazy the drought that the whole west coast had been in
Aside from a biblical flood, I don’t see how that lake fills up to optimal levels during our lifetime. It’s not like the population is decreasing. I don’t know what wiggle room there is with the Colorado River Commission and the contracts … but you aren’t getting blood out of a turnip either.

Almost feels like we are talking about UNLV hoops … so much money in the city, some think it’s there for the taking, but it’s been since Mead has been high water since we were in decent shape with money.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Aside from a biblical flood, I don’t see how that lake fills up to optimal levels during our lifetime. It’s not like the population is decreasing. I don’t know what wiggle room there is with the Colorado River Commission and the contracts … but you aren’t getting blood out of a turnip either.

Almost feels like we are talking about UNLV hoops … so much money in the city, some think it’s there for the taking, but it’s been since Mead has been high water since we were in decent shape with money.
Surprisingly we are the best off of any city with the Colorado as their main source. We are fortunate because of Las Vegas Wash. All water except for irrigation and ponds/lakes is treated and then goes into the Wash on its 12-mile run to the lake. The wash adds enough natural treatment to allow us to return the water to the lake and get full credit for it. ( Just dumping it in from a treatment plant won't work)

Our allotment is 300,000 acre feet. We currently are only charged for a little more than half of that due to our credits. When push comes to shove (and it will in about 10 years) we'll have to drastically reduce irrigation of plants and eliminate lakes/ponds.

Without Las Vegas Wash, we would have run dry for our allotment @ 1999.

Two words for Cali. Almonds and avocados. Look it up.
This is why I try to limit my consumption of both despite the incessant marketing that every human needs to eat them or they’ll die.

When I learned about the water needed for almonds that was the start of me doubting what the media puts out.

Those farmers are going to be screaming about how cutting back is going to kill their business right as people are forced to drink the water out of their toilets and pools.

• Sad
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Probably early 80’s, like 83/84, when the natural spillover occurred. Been a long drought though I think it went back up to decent levels in the late 90’s/early 2000’s, but a massive drought since.
I'm pretty sure it was at capacity back in the vicinity of 1997-98 as well. I think there were some short spillovers as well, but am not 100% certain.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I'm pretty sure it was at capacity back in the vicinity of 1997-98 as well. I think there were some short spillovers as well, but am not 100% certain.
are you sure it’s not more demand of Lake mead water from Arizona, California, Mexico that they feel entitled to?!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Probably early 80’s, like 83/84, when the natural spillover occurred. Been a long drought though I think it went back up to decent levels in the late 90’s/early 2000’s, but a massive drought since.
22-year drought in So. Colorado where the snowpack supplies most of the water for the Colorado River.

are you sure it’s not more demand of Lake mead water from Arizona, California, Mexico that they feel entitled to?!
The amount of water that goes to each area is determined by a strict contract. 20 years ago each district didn't need its complete allocation but now, with drought everywhere in the West along with population growth, each one uses its full allotment.

Have you guys heard about the spring under the valley? I have seen it. I actually swim in it. A lot of us have. It is big. Is it gone?
I forgot where we accessed it but it is somewhere in Henderson.

Reactions: RebelScrub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT