ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing about the New Mexico game?

Rebelgate

Retired Number
May 30, 2001
I was at work and get home to see they routed them. Good way to break that skid. Knocking UNM down a peg er two. Looks like some impressive game play by the Rebs using only 2 pitchers and going through 5 of UNM's. That may play a roll on Sunday. I expect updates tomorrow!

For some strange reason The Cromwell has ABYSMAL cell service, or at least that corner. I'm working on that thing finishing it up working probably the worst shift I've ever had to work so I miss just about everything. Only thing my phone manages to do is send and receive texts and SLOWLY load the most basic of web pages, which luckily includes the mobile site for Rivals. Also, I'm tired so I expect some sort of pity party. I am hoping for a bouncy house.

Was out of town over the weekend, so was unable to comment on the New Mexico series. One thing I did find out from reading on line, the early rankings that are coming out, and from New Mexico fans, is how much damage the sweep by Air Force over UNLV did to the credibility of the team.

The first two rankings Massey and Nolan both still have New Mexico ranked in front of UNLV. Massey has UNLV at 35 (NM at 26) and Nolan has UNLV at 39 (NM at 31). This is after UNLV destroyed New Mexico in a three games series, UNLV won 2 out of 3 at New Mexico, and UNLV has a much harder schedule that New Mexico. My only conclussion is that the sweep by Air Force still ways in the minds of the polls and voters. Hopefully the remainder of the ranking do better for UNLV.

As for some of the New Mexico fans, they are still delusional in the believe that they just had a bad weekend and that they are better than UNLV. All they point out is how UNLV was swept by Air Force at Air Force, but ignore the fact that they were all but sweept 5-1 by UNLV.

At least the rankings for seedings still appear to have UNLV as at least a #2 regional seeding. Take the next few series and UNLV can still become a #1 regional seed

http://masseyratings.com/cbase/compare.htm

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT