ADVERTISEMENT

No reason to hang heads

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
even with the 1st half, as a team, I didn't think it was horrible as the halftime score looked because UNLV had good shots but didn't convert. Similar to what Wyoming did in the second half. Yeah, we had some guys that didn't play well and they were yanked and the subs played very well.

Second half was a great comeback. The difference was we started hitting some of those same shots that weren't falling. In the meantime, Wyoming was brick city. It took some guts to mount the comeback on the road like that.

Sometimes the ball bounces your way, sometimes it doesn't. No shame in tonight, actually, the team is getting better. Some egos are fragile, but others are stepping up.

The last shot ... Wyoming won their gamble. After some of the things I've seen JoJo do this year, no way am I letting him get the last look from closer than 40 feet. He's a gamer, tough kid, big shot maker. I think we got what we wanted out of a last shot. Would always love a closer/better look, especially because it was a one point game instead of 2. But JoJo, imo, has earned some latitude.

Zion was tremendous. Let him light a fire under the starters.

Just keep improving...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News