ADVERTISEMENT

Next HC will be

reagan21

Rebel Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Shane Steichen.

I have no insider information, just throwing this out there.

TBH, I want Morgan Scalley....REALLY baaaad. His defensive schemes are better than anything we've ever run. I watch most Utah games because my last name says I have to, and that defense plays 100% all the time. It's not like they're playing with 4/5 star talent either. Please hire him!!!!!

Someone posted it is going to be Kellen Moore? I could get on board with that. Young and NFL people rave about him = should be able to recuit at a higher level.

Shane Steichen.

TBH, I want Morgan Scalley....REALLY baaaad. His defensive schemes are better than anything we've ever run. I watch most Utah games because my last name says I have to, and that defense plays 100% all the time. It's not like they're playing with 4/5 star talent either. Please hire him!!!!!

Buddy you are preaching to the choir.

Problem is, I think he's being groomed for the Utah job. Whittingham has said he only wants to coach another few years...

At the very least, you make that phone call to see if he's interested...

Reactions: RebelinWA
You call him until he is interested. Whitt has a good 5 years left, and Scalley wants to be a HC. He has plenty of recruiting experience as the secondary recruiting coordinator for the last 4 seasons. I may call him myself. Anyone have his twitter handle?

Someone posted it is going to be Kellen Moore? I could get on board with that. Young and NFL people rave about him = should be able to recuit at a higher level.

I think they posted it as a suggestion.

He's doing well as an OC at Dallas, but what recruiting ties and connections does he have?

Does he have enough connections to build a good staff?

You call him until he is interested. Whitt has a good 5 years left, and Scalley wants to be a HC. He has plenty of recruiting experience as the secondary recruiting coordinator for the last 4 seasons. I may call him myself. Anyone have his twitter handle?

We could start a GoFundMe...

Then Venmo him the money as a signing bonus....

Reactions: Mackc13

He's doing well as an OC at Dallas, but what recruiting ties and connections does he have?

Not sure,but he is the OC for the Dallas Cowboys. There's a reason why he got the job at such a young age.IMO. by the way I don't think it was a suggestion the poster was adamant that he is going to be the next head coach. Reiterated it at least twice.

I don’t think most people fully recognize the all encompassing task of running an entire program. It’s daunting without strong experience. Probably even with.

Not sure,but he is the OC for the Dallas Cowboys. There's a reason why he got the job at such a young age.IMO. by the way I don't think it was a suggestion the poster was adamant that he is going to be the next head coach. Reiterated it at least twice.

What is the connection?

NFL is trending to younger and younger coaches...

Why would he take the UNLV job, when he could stick it out as an OC in the NFL for another season or two and possibly get a gig?

I try not to speak in absolutes, because you never know, but that seems very unlikely..

Reactions: reagan21

I could post multiple times that Pat Hill, Brady Hoke, Jim Mora, Morgan Scalley etc will be getting the job, it wouldn't make it true.

I don’t think most people fully recognize the all encompassing task of running an entire program. It’s daunting without strong experience. Probably even with.
just to start out with the Mountain West there's too many coaches that had bowl success (it's a start) for it not to be "too" difficult. He is Young And if hes driven enough he'll do Fine with the tools he has at his hands. With the right hire we can capitalize on the publicity we're going to get with the new stadium . I personally don't want a 60 year old retread

What is the connection?

NFL is trending to younger and younger coaches...

Why would he take the UNLV job, when he could stick it out as an OC in the NFL for another season or two and possibly get a gig?

I try not to speak in absolutes, because you never know, but that seems very unlikely..
Its is going to be a lot longer than a year or two before he gets one he's awfully Young. Plus some people want to coach College over NFL.

just to start out with the Mountain West there's too many coaches that had bowl success (it's a start) for it not to be "too" difficult. He is Young And if hes driven enough he'll do Fine with the tools he has at his hands. With the right hire we can capitalize on the publicity we're going to get with the new stadium . I personally don't want a 60 year old retread
I’m not talking just “football”. I’m talking running an entire program. It isn’t easy without experience.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Its is going to be a lot longer than a year or two before he gets one he's awfully Young. Plus some people want to coach College over NFL.

He is young and the NFL is trending younger.

Everybody is looking for the next Sean Mcvay.

Has he ever expressed interest in coaching in college?

Again, where is he looking for guys to build a staff?

What coaches would/could he bring?

Does he even want to deal with recruiting?

Could he actually recruit? It's not as simple as saying, 'Hi, I'm Kellen Moore' You have to be a good salesman. Some of the best recruiters on coaching staffs are the least well known to the general public. They are WR coaches and special teams coaches...

A lot more points to this as unlikely than likely..

I could post multiple times that Pat Hill, Brady Hoke, Jim Mora, Morgan Scalley etc will be getting the job, it wouldn't make it true.

Add these guys June Jones, Jim McElwain and the guy from Weber State Jay Hill and you would have a very strong top "6" list!

All former HC and many have experience building a winner in the MWC.

Add these guys June Jones, Jim McElwain and the guy from Weber State Jay Hill and you would have a very strong top "6" list!

All former HC and many have experience building a winner in the MWC.

I like Mcelwain and Hill...

I think Hill would make a lot of sense. Familiar with the recruiting region. Got Weber State back on track. His current salary doesn't price UNLV out of the market.

Meclwain, I really like. I just wonder if UNLV could get enough money together to lure him away, pay his buyout and Coach Sanchez' last year. I don't know. His conference familiarity and success at CSU make him an attractive candidate for sure..

Jones...Five years ago, sure, but now, I would think they want somebody more on the upswing, vs a guy closer to retirement. Same with a guy like Pat Hill. I'd take either one though..

I like Mcelwain and Hill...

I think Hill would make a lot of sense. Familiar with the recruiting region. Got Weber State back on track. His current salary doesn't price UNLV out of the market.

Meclwain, I really like. I just wonder if UNLV could get enough money together to lure him away, pay his buyout and Coach Sanchez' last year. I don't know. His conference familiarity and success at CSU make him an attractive candidate for sure..

Jones...Five years ago, sure, but now, I would think they want somebody more on the upswing, vs a guy closer to retirement. Same with a guy like Pat Hill. I'd take either one though..

These two for sure but we all know UNLV will fumble the ball on the 2 yrad line when it comes to hiring the next guy!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
These two for sure but we all know UNLV will fumble the ball on the 2 yrad line when it comes to hiring the next guy!

We'll see..

Stinks to be in this spot.

New facility.
Stadium.

Some positive stuff.

More so than years past.

Money could still be an issue.

Still you would think/hope that the AD has been preparing for this outcome, especially after a 1-4 start to the season.

This could go so many different ways.

Shane Steichen.

If all 11 people that really cared wrote strongly worded emails we could make this happen!

Shane Steichen.

This is the time of year that things start happening quick. One decision at a school can impact the decisions at a lot of other schools.

Without knowing if Jay Hill is even being considered...

BYU locking up Sitake makes him a more attractive option for UNLV no?

No worry he gets poached after a season or two.

A job he may have been eyeing is off the table for at least another 2 or 3 years..

Arkansas opening, means maybe a Bill Clark leaves UAB?

He's made UAB a pretty attractive jump off point for a first time head coach..That could take some coordinators off the market quick.

Have to hope if there really is a change at the end of the year UNLV is close to the dot the I's cross the T's part of the process..

Guys start getting swooped up fast over the next few weeks..

Due to the best interest of the school, maybe she resigns before she finds a new coach.

As bad as people think she might be...

This would create an even worse potential scenario.

Let's say she's out, for whatever reason.

You aren't going to get a new AD in time to make a hire in football.

President isn't going to entrust an interim AD to make that hire. You would probably be left with keeping Sanchez, coming off a potential 2 win season heading into the new stadium.

I'm not sure that's a preferable situation to be honest.

Reactions: reagan21
As bad as people think she might be...

This would create an even worse potential scenario.

Let's say she's out, for whatever reason.

You aren't going to get a new AD in time to make a hire in football.

President isn't going to entrust an interim AD to make that hire. You would probably be left with keeping Sanchez, coming off a potential 2 win season heading into the new stadium.

I'm not sure that's a preferable situation to be honest.
Don’t we have a long time interim acting President also? She needs to go too!

Don’t we have a long time interim acting President also? She needs to go too!

Ok cool...

But if Desiree is out before a hire is made, you good with Sanchez coming back for year 6 as a lame duck? It would be used against him in any recruiting.

Ok cool...

But if Desiree is out before a hire is made, you good with Sanchez coming back for year 6 as a lame duck? It would be used against him in any recruiting.
I don't think that makes much difference as we only compete with FCS schools for most recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT