ADVERTISEMENT

New Reno smack from CTS

He was asked by a reporter if he misspoke and Coach Sanchez just smiled. He has been calling them that or just Reno in EVERY interview this week. I love it.
It's a good way to endear himself to the fanbase.

What I find so hilarious is that UNR takes such bitter offense to the term. I don't recall people up in arms when UNLV is on TV and newscasters sometimes call them Vegas. In fact, I remember when Musberger, in the championship game, said this one goes to Vegas, or something along those lines. I doubt the phones at CBS were burning up with offended UNLV fans.

Then again, maybe trying to shed the Reno is smart on their part. I mean really - does anybody really want to be associated with Reno? Distance yourself.

They do distance themselves. That's why they list Tahoe as the first reason "Reno" is better than LV. That would be like us listing The Grand Canyon as a reason that LV is a great city.

When people think of Vegas they think of cool stuff. When people think of Reno they think of Reno 911.

Advantage: UNLV

Its sad when you're not proud of your cities name. Maybe they should move their university to Elko or Pahrump.

I wish our MBB uniforms would say Vegas on them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT