ADVERTISEMENT

New Raiders Update Thread

mvvsmith

Retired Number
Apr 9, 2008
Las Vegas, NV.
No hijacking please, lol. The last thread was a leading up to the vote thread. The vote is probably Mon., maybe Tues., but they want to get this behind them and move on. I won't play the odds game, bit I extremely confident that I will watch the Rebels play in a dome stadium. Garth Brooks is my concert ticket. NFR is my rodeo fix and the Con Ag convention in 3 years is hopefully my first attended convention. That's it folks, less then a week and the news should be flowing, cascading and waterfalling into this thread. A few crossed fingers couldn't hurt.

No hijacking please, lol. The last thread was a leading up to the vote thread. The vote is probably Mon., maybe Tues., but they want to get this behind them and move on. I won't play the odds game, bit I extremely confident that I will watch the Rebels play in a dome stadium. Garth Brooks is my concert ticket. NFR is my rodeo fix and the Con Ag convention in 3 years is hopefully my first attended convention. That's it folks, less then a week and the news should be flowing, cascading and waterfalling into this thread. A few crossed fingers couldn't hurt.
Sorry about my failure in the other thread but it won't happen again. I wanted to say thanks and give props for all of the updates you've supplied on this topic. .

Reactions: bcvegaspt
You know I am a fan of amusement park rides but man I can't wait for this roller coaster of a ride to come to an end. This Universities' Athletics needs a positive shot in the arm for a change.
EmotionalRollercoaster.gif

Last edited:
I agree, I think at this point, it is just a vote and ironing out the fine details. Thank you for the new thread.

Reactions: RebelinWA
There is some guy on YouTube Zennie Abraham that supposedly has the RIGHT info and says they are not comming. Ed Graney even interviewed him. He know his stuff intelligent guy. Definitely not a troll.

Are there odds anywhere as to whether the Raiders will be allowed to relocate? I don't think there is any question that Davis WANTS to move them here. It's what the other owners think about it that will decide this.

There is some guy on YouTube Zennie Abraham that supposedly has the RIGHT info and says they are not comming. Ed Graney even interviewed him. He know his stuff intelligent guy. Definitely not a troll.
Zennie IS a troll and part of the coalition that threatened everyone on Twitter who was pro Vegas move.

The fact that Graney interviewed him should be enough to tell you about the situation.

If you have followed what Zennie has done for the last half year, you would know he is totally a troll, and has only put out long videos that are always 100% negative toward the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. In fact, he is the #1 anti Las Vegas troll on twitter! Graney interviewing Zennie was just a stupid Graney move to give air time to the Troll!

There are a ton of articles just like this one today:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/g...o-the-raiders-winning-relocation-vote-monday/
It's looking like a done deal. What I'm amazed by is the relocation fee. It is symbolically HALF of what the Rams and Chargers paid just last year. Why half? It's as though the Owners are rewarding Davis for moving. If I were Dean Spanos, I would stand up during the meeting Monday and say "Wait, what? We had to pay twice what Davis is paying to share a stadium?!?! This isn't fair! I want my mommy!", only to excuse himself to go to his palatial suite and cry into his mountain of money.

....What I'm amazed by is the relocation fee. It is symbolically HALF of what the Rams and Chargers paid just last year. Why half? ....

The price makes sense for the Rams and Chargers since they are leaving markets to make more money in LA and the league was not happy at all about the Chargers moving after the Rams had already moved to LA.

The Raiders moving here just makes too much sense in light of the situation in Oakland, the new fan base that can be created here and the international exposure to be gained from all of the international tourists. Thus, add to that the lower local income compared to LA and the lower price for Las Vegas is just about right.

Very interesting tidbit in an article in the Sun today. States that Raiders have identified a site adjacent to the strip a mile or two away. Could that be the UNLV site? Or did the writer get bad info? Inquiring minds want to know.

Russell Road site across I -15 from Mandalay Bay has been the only site discussed recently. Good freeway access and close to the strip for good video visuals.

Clearly, he doesn't have his facts right. As mvvsmith properly pointed out, the Russell Rd site is the only one being discussed right now. Davis has put money down on it to hold it. The "footprint" of that site runs along W. Hacienda Ave to the North, Russell Rd to the South, Polaris Ave on the West and Dean Martin Drive to the East.

The North West corner of the site [5300 Polaris Ave] is only .7 of a mile west of The Strip on W. Hacienda Ave. The South West corner of the site [5775 Polaris Ave] is only .7 of a mile west of The Strip on Russell Road. Those two points are the furthest two points from The Strip.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.0915452,-115.1826941,15.31z

It now comes down to one very long day. It has been a very quick process to get this far. The construction phase could move more quickly if the design we've been seeing (originally the proposed Carson stadium) is indeed the same for Las Vegas. That saves months of so, I don't see why it wouldn't be, looks very cool. I also heard a rumor that the site has been surveyed, that also saves time. Infrastructure design takes time, but the stadium itself can be built in concurrence with roads and ramps. Site prep and utilities come first though. Fun times ahead.

Raiders to Vegas, 31 to 1 vote. Miami was the lone no vote. I predicted unanimous a while back and got pretty close. This is a special day in Las Vegas history and a major step up for events in Las Vegas. As long as they play in Oakland they have to be called the Oakland Raiders, but they are now the Las Vegas Raiders. Wow! What a ride and it's only the beginning.

Exciting day for Las Vegas.

Hopefully UNLV can capitalize by having a state-of-the-art home field facility.

Reactions: mvvsmith
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT