ADVERTISEMENT

Nets waive former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett

Sad news...Anthony had the body of a pro, but really nothing else. He wasn't ready when he left, but I can understand how difficult it must be to turn your back on lottery-pick money.

I doubt that even he expected to be #1. I think it may have turned out to be a curse. The pressure to produce had to be enormous. When he began to struggle at that level he became the object of ridicule.

Perhaps if he'd been selected a little lower he might have received a bit more of the nurturing that he obviously needed.

I wish him good luck wherever his career and life takes him from here.

boy-dribbling-basketball-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
Sad news...Anthony had the body of a pro, but really nothing else. He wasn't ready when he left, but I can understand how difficult it must be to turn your back on lottery-pick money.

I doubt that even he expected to be #1. I think it may have turned out to be a curse. The pressure to produce had to be enormous. When he began to struggle at that level he became the object of ridicule.

Perhaps if he'd been selected a little lower he might have received a bit more of the nurturing that he obviously needed.

I wish him good luck wherever his career and life takes him from here.

boy-dribbling-basketball-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!

This is just a reflection of CDR and his coaching or lack there of and I'm not just talking about basketball skills.

This is just a reflection of CDR and his coaching or lack there of and I'm not just talking about basketball skills.

Ohhh, please...Is it a reflection of Kenny Atkinson/Nets? Dwane Casey/Raptors? How about late Flip Saunders/Minnesota? Does it reflect on Mike Brown or David Blatt/Cavs? All of those coaches had AB for longer (more games) than CDR...Quit it.

Is this were a football game, you would get penalized for piling on. Your post is a late hit, my man.

Anthony made $16,000,000 playing basketball at only 23 years old. He still has a lot of years of playing ahead of him overseas if he chooses to. He is certainly a bust as the number one overall pick in that he is not a superstar but him getting drafted that high has shown top notch recruits that UNLV is a viable place for them.

You are 100% correct about him being picked #1 makes the Rebels viable to kids. They all want to know that they can "get there" from Maryland Parkway. The P5 schools use this in recruiting and AB going #1 is huge in terms of recruiting for the short term.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT