ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Bennett to be cut by the T-Wolves

He could be a steal for somebody. He looked good over the summer.

AB reminds me of Woods. Blessed with a basketball body and lots of natural talent but, not real coach-able and lazy. Hopefully Rice has learned from recruiting these type of players. The kid with the most stars behind his name and natural talent not always the best recruit for your team. Need coach able players that respect and follow the system. I agree if AB is bought out he won't be picked up. Can probably play overseas.

Reminds me more of CDR's Head Coaching career thus far, Very disappointing! I am all for the Rebels making the NCAA tourney and a deep run, S16 at the very least anything else will be underachieving IMO.

Think everyone agrees that Rice has to win this year or else. I'll be at the Mack cheering for him and the team to succeed. I think (hope) Rice has learned from his mistakes and this year will be different. The guy has done an outstanding job of recruiting from day one and I feel has surrounded himself with a better staff now. This year will tell and no need to start the Rice bashing again. I'm pumped for this season, will be at every game, and support the great players that chose to play for our community!!! RRREEEBBBEEELLLSSS!

AB was a beast while at UNLV. He had his lazy moments, but he was quite dominant in college. He just seemed to jump too early, even though he was the #1 pick in a down draft. You could argue both ways, but we see now he's probably going to go down as the worst #1 draft pick to date so far. Bring him back to UNLV and he would have really dominated. Wood, in my opinion, was much more passive and lazy than AB. I'd take AB any day over Wood.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
That article basically says AB is lazy and not coachable. Lol. Comments on how AB couldn't or wouldn't follow the plays, he just jogged down court and showed no urgency. If a team invest their number one pick in someone they will do everything to make it work. They tries but threw in the towel. Makes me think better of Rice... all these NBA coaches got less out of AB then Rice did. Wood exactly the same player and attitude. Go figure AB And Wood where good buddies at Findlay. Throw jones and Katin in the mix and yeah Rice had his hands full as a new HC dealing with these attitudes.

That article basically says AB is lazy and not coachable. Lol. Comments on how AB couldn't or wouldn't follow the plays, he just jogged down court and showed no urgency. If a team invest their number one pick in someone they will do everything to make it work. They tries but threw in the towel. Makes me think better of Rice... all these NBA coaches got less out of AB then Rice did. Wood exactly the same player and attitude. Go figure AB And Wood where good buddies at Findlay. Throw jones and Katin in the mix and yeah Rice had his hands full as a new HC dealing with these attitudes.

I agree with most everything you posted except what's bolded. Their attitude was not at all the same. Bennett never sulked and never had a defeatist attitude that Woods often displayed. AB was a good teammate and always cheered on his teammates. I think his problem was similar to Woods in that they both had natural freakish abilities but both lack desire and drive. AB could get away with that at UNLV but not the next level.

AB was way more talented than Wood.

Don't see any similarities than plain laziness on D. And AB's problem is his asthma

Reactions: rebelluver
If he can't play hard in Toronto, he can't play hard anywhere. That's where his heart is and he's wanted to land there as a Canadian. I hope he can turn it around.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I don't think staying one or even two more years would have changed things for AB. With CW more of an argument can be made since he probably would have been drafted, but at the same time you would think not being drafted would have lit the fire which doesn't seem to have happened so who really knows?

How have Findlay prep players done as a whole? Anybody have any numbers to look at there?

I don't think we have ever seen AB in really great shape (even at UNLV he had lots of issues with stamina) - is his body fat mass the lowest of his basketball career? I always thought AB was super talented but had problems maintaining his productiveness on the court because of his physical issues......has that changed?

Is his lack of conditioning a sign of UNLV conditioning? Seems like our team was in or ahead in many games early but, fell apart in the end, much due to tired legs. Wood went into NBA summer league with the highest body fat of any player??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT