ADVERTISEMENT

My heart is broken

reagan21

Rebel Legend
Sep 8, 2009
My last name requires me to have some love for the Utes. I have wanted Morgan Scalley at UNLV for 13 months and hjave been pretty vocal about my love for him. Brilliant schemes and puts his players in positions to succeed. He has been the recruiting coordinator for the defense since 2015 and uses primarily 3* players to field a top 5 defense. His Polynesian relationships are through the roof and does well in CA too. He knows the west coast/mountain west.

DRF has kept everything close to the vest but she can't control what people in Utah do. Here is what I have been told:

Many much calls have been made to Scalley and there is mutual interest but Utah is NOT going to let it happen (or at least claw and pull to make sure it doesn't happen). UNLV was willing to go up to approx $1.2-$1.3 for Scalley, but Utah is going to increase his salary to 7 figures (it's $820,000 right now) with the anticipation that he'll walk into $3M+ in 3 years after Wittingham retires and he's named HC.

That doesn't mean Scalley will brush that aside, and Kyle has always let assistants go to other schools to spread their wings as HC. I don't put this on DRF, but it's not going to happen. He's a Ute through and through and the idea he gets to be the HC in a couple years at the place he loves may be too much to pass up.

My fingers are still crossed. If we can't get Scalley Hill is my next up. I want nothing of Mora unless he's the last man with HC standing and we can't get Scalley.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News