ADVERTISEMENT

MWC Season and Win Tonight

UNLVINMD

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Feb 9, 2008
Biggest win tonight, controlled the 2nd half until the last 2 minutes and tried to give it away, but good win 6-6 and 3-2 in conference.

BSU is still unbeaten, have they played any of the top MWC teams yet? I know they haven't played Aztecs/USU not sure on CSU.

USU is solid team, but nothing special at all, they aren't nearly as good as the last 2 years, Aztecs have 3 losses, so not sure how good they are?

I seen CSU, UNLV should have beaten them both times, they can shoot 3's and that's really it, I guess that's all you need in MWC.

What I seen so far, the conference is horrible, I can see UNLV being top 4 this year.

Wood had very good 1st half points wise, probably his best game against Div 1 team, Diong had 10 boards tonight, as long as he can rebound, we need that.

Grill, has onions, the kid is not afraid of shooting the ball, hit 2 big 3's in the 2nd half, the last one, was the key, but he needs to develop a mid range game.

Blake, has talent, plays like freshman and his showboating almost cost team, so it's good lesson, don't do that crap again, but I see him being the star next year at UNLV, he's done more then Hamilton did for 1 year and half, people forget Hamilton averaged like 5 points in non-conference last year then exploding in conference.

Hamilton is what he is, volume shooter, he had 8 assists, but 7 turnovers and dismal 4-16 from the field
Jenkins 4-13 from field but made 3 out 4 from the line.

UNLV had 10 points in the paint tonight and won, and 2 points in the paint in the 2nd half on Blake steal and layup, that's just horrible basketball.

If Otz is going to live and die with the 3's, he needs to get guys who can create for Jenkins and Grill/Wood for they can just catch and shoot, because this team outside of Blake/Hamilton don't create for anyone else.
Jenkins can create for himself, and that's it.

I can see a 6-0 home stand now, so hopefully they can come out and get the win on Wednesday then off to Reno, and they still have San Jose/Air Force for 4, I believe Fresno too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News