ADVERTISEMENT

MWC commissioner speaks about expansion.

Thanks for posting that. I didn’t see it until today. It fits with what I had read with the pac12 trying to use in their media negotiations about SDSU and their final four appearance joining the conference.

Reactions: 220reb
Did she say or do anything meaningful yet? Or is she just the female version of Greg errrr....... Craig " 🤡 " Thompson!

Last edited:
Did she say or do anything meaningful yet? Or is she just the female version of Greg errrr....... Craig " 🤡 " Thompson!
She has been on the job for... 3 months? What would you expect her to do? Media rights not up. No obvious mwc expansion teams.

Reactions: 220reb
Fair enough, hopefully she is more Proactive than Greg!
Definitely agree. This might be an unpopular take but I'm extremely pro streaming if the money is better - or less specifically for espn. Being off espn has been awful imo. Cbs is the worst possible outcome for media rights in modern era.

I'd like to see them add a program or two, including possible basketball-only options in advance of sdsu leaving.

Definitely agree. This might be an unpopular take but I'm extremely pro streaming if the money is better - or less specifically for espn. Being off espn has been awful imo. Cbs is the worst possible outcome for media rights in modern era.

I'd like to see them add a program or two, including possible basketball-only options in advance of sdsu leaving.
Cbs the worst possible outcome? Do you realize MWC would be on something like stadium without them? I see more Unlv games now than I could when we were a power.

Cbs the worst possible outcome? Do you realize MWC would be on something like stadium without them? I see more Unlv games now than I could when we were a power.
Less money from ESPN would have been better visibility wise. We rely on tv for recruiting exposure.

Last 15-19 year old who saw us on cbs sports?

WAC has far more visibility to the coming generation on ESPN+.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Disagree. Cbs sports network on the number 1 streaming service, youtubetv. Also direct TV streaming, fubo TV, and hulu live. Cable systems dish, direct TV, xfinity, and verizon. Espn+ is an additional fee that few would pay for.

Disagree. Cbs sports network on the number 1 streaming service, youtubetv. Also direct TV streaming, fubo TV, and hulu live. Cable systems dish, direct TV, xfinity, and verizon. Espn+ is an additional fee that few would pay for.
I had YouTube TV this year and honestly that was excellent. But I think $7 for espn+ is more reasonable than $72 for youtubetv. CBS sports isn't on base Directv, it's an upgrade that requires a base package. But point taken on availability.

To be honest, my interest in mwc has dwindled significantly during the CBS sports/fs1 deal. It's just so hard to find, whether it's CBS sports or fs1 or mwn.

But I dont know anyone under 20 in that realm, so maybe it's different than I expect (probably is)....

I don't get it or rather I don't pay the additional charge for it. I have DirecTV under a 2-year reduced charge "deal". To add CBS sports I would have to not only pay for the channel but I have to renounce my discount and pay full price for Directv. It worked out to more than my Rebel season tickets. I was able to get all the away Rebel games on the MWC or free streaming channels.

CBS sports tends to be a more automatic channel that I've noticed. It used to be on Comcast I think, I'm guessing it doesn't need a special add on for Cox. It is included in HULU + Live TV that I have.
Truth is no one watches any of these channels just because. It's really about broadcasting the games for the fans and ease of use.
I would think CBS sports is more accessible than ESPN+.
Being on ESPN+ plus does open the door for more games on ESPN, EPSN2, and ESPNU though. But we haven't ha much love from them in the past when we did have a contract with them.

With the Hulu Live bundle I haven’t found anything easier. I’ve had YouTube and Sling And found them lacking. With the Hulu Live Sports menu tab it displays every game that is live and upcoming covered by National TV , CBSSports, FS1 FS2, and all ESPN channels including espn+. Plus any other channel they provide which are showing any type of sporting event. Can’t be any easier than that. I’ve also had Dish & DirectTV and find those to be less than Hulu. If you’re looking for easy this is it.

With the Hulu Live bundle I haven’t found anything easier. I’ve had YouTube and Sling And found them lacking. With the Hulu Live Sports menu tab it displays every game that is live and upcoming covered by National TV , CBSSports, FS1 FS2, and all ESPN channels including espn+. Plus any other channel they provide which are showing any type of sporting event. Can’t be any easier than that. I’ve also had Dish & DirectTV and find those to be less than Hulu. If you’re looking for easy this is it.
Now if you need to watch a game on the MWC app just go there. If I need to see a Rebel game broadcast on YouTube just go to that free app.

I'ved hulu for my TV the past two years and I do like it a lot. I have found that it won't always autorecord my favorite teams ( UNLV fb/cbb) all the time so I always check to see if it set to record ahead of time.

It does not seem to carry regional sports channels at least not here in Houston. So the channel that carries all of the Rockets and Astros games is not available.
So because of that I down grade to regular Hulu during the summer. It's nice only paying for TV package 9 months a year.

I'ved hulu for my TV the past two years and I do like it a lot. I have found that it won't always autorecord my favorite teams ( UNLV fb/cbb) all the time so I always check to see if it set to record ahead of time.

It does not seem to carry regional sports channels at least not here in Houston. So the channel that carries all of the Rockets and Astros games is not available.
So because of that I down grade to regular Hulu during the summer. It's nice only paying for TV package 9 months a year.
Astro fan as well ... Check out fubo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT