ADVERTISEMENT

MW Top 50 Players countdown

spudreb

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2002
The MW Connection is counting down the top 50 players again, using their eleven voters to compose a matrix that also includes players who weren't top 50, but garnered votes. The matrix today includes the honorable mentions plus the #50 player, TE Steven Walker of CSU. Took me a little while last year to figure out just what they were doing, but it's pretty cool. You can see who each voter voted for and where they had them in their Top 50.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2015/7/15/8965417/top-50-mountain-west-players-steven-walker

I really like this kid. Probably a little better in the box than he is in coverage (as evidence his 3.5 sacks and 7.5 tackles for loss.) He is aggressive and on a team that struggled to make tackles in the open field last year he was one of the more reliable guys.

OMG! You just re-awakened a recurring nightmare - our atrocious open field tackling last year. UGH! Something tells me that won't be quite the problem this year... call it a hunch. :sunglasses:

Its hard to change things like that overnight but I suspect the fundamentals should be a bit better. At the couple spring practices I was at there was a ton of emphasis on tackling and form.

Chuckie Keeton is used goods, imo. He'll still be a very solid QB but he's not the electric player he was as a freshman and sophomore. Even before he went down with injury last year he seemed to lack a little magic he once had prior to the previous year's injury. Back-to-back season ending injuries takes a toll on any player. Who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I don't see it.

Reactions: spudreb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT