ADVERTISEMENT

More Stadium Banter- ESPN

Reactions: karaoke_jesus
My only concern is the more private money involved, the farther it is distanced from UNLV. We still need a decent amount financed via the private sector to help in that area right? (Serious question based on some things I've read).

I would be okay if it was 50-50 public/private hopefully UNLV gets a little skin in the game tho

I always love how people bitch about using private funds, but think UNLV should still be able to use the stadium.

UNLV owns the land they propose to build on. Why wouldn't they have skin (meaning, play there for free and collect the parking/concession/gate for those games and those games only)?

UNLV owns the land they propose to build on. Why wouldn't they have skin (meaning, play there for free and collect the parking/concession/gate for those games and those games only)?

There was discussion of them wanting around 200 acres but Mark Davis said 42 would be "feasible". Hope they don't find a new site lol...

There was discussion of them wanting around 200 acres but Mark Davis said 42 would be "feasible". Hope they don't find a new site lol...
200 acres?? Maybe if he wanted the offices and practice facility on site..... I would think it would be cool if they built the practice facilities next to where they are going to build the NHL practice facility

Another BIG thing to consider. The NFL Awards the Super Bowl to franchises / Cities that build new Stadiums. Meaning should the Stadium/ Raiders move happen, a Super Bowl would be following in the coming years. A Vegas Super Bowl would be crazy , especially during that time of year when the Convention business is booming as well. town would be crazy.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I've said it before- Once the Superbowl is held in Las Vegas, this town will be a regular in the rotation, similar to New Orleans and Miami. I would guess every 6-7 years. I would even go so far as to say that hosting the game here is one of the selling points to approving a move among the owners. This town was MADE to host an event like the Superbowl.

I've said it before- Once the Superbowl is held in Las Vegas, this town will be a regular in the rotation, similar to New Orleans and Miami. I would guess every 6-7 years. I would even go so far as to say that hosting the game here is one of the selling points to approving a move among the owners. This town was MADE to host an event like the Superbowl.
Can you imagine? "Hey, where do I catch the tour bus to Lamar's brothel?" [banana]

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT