ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis home and home scheduled.

Rosegreen1

All American
Dec 2, 2023

Memphis basketball will travel to Las Vegas where it will face UNLV in a non-conference game during the 2024-25 season, sources confirmed to The Commercial Appeal.

The date has not yet been finalized. It will be the first game of a home-and-home deal with UNLV, with the Tigers hosting the Runnin' Rebels during the 2025-26 season.

Memphis and UNLV have not faced off in men's basketball since the 1997 National Invitation Tournament, and next season's matchup will be just the sixth game in the series' history. The Runnin' Rebels lead the all-time series 4-1. The Tigers' only win came on New Year's Eve, 1970.”

Reactions: JTthe2nd
Dana Kirk was the winningest coach percentage wise from the 80’s.

He was a legend!!

Memphis and Dayton are a solid start. What is CKK thinking? I thought he is gonna take the Marvellous rout...;)

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I’m originally from the Memphis area before my family moved to Las Vegas in 1985.
Memphis has a great program back in the early-mid 80s. When you came to Vegas you must have thought having a national superpower basketball program was just normal.

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
Memphis has a great program back in the early-mid 80s. When you came to Vegas you must have thought having a national superpower basketball program was just normal.

I was 9 years old when we arrived in August 1985. Just short of 10.

Memphis basketball absolutely brought everyone together much like Tark’s teams.

I actually remember the 1984 Memphis FF team. Keith Lee, Andre Turner, Vincent Askew. Everyone in Millington loved Memphis State.

We actually have a lot of similarities with Memphis State. I got a good friend who says their athletic program got the ire of the NCAA too back in the mid 80’s.

Solid solid team

I have been to the mid south Coliseum as a kid. My dad brought us to the wrestling matches where Jerry Lawlor and the mid south wrestling was prominent.

The mid south coliseum has been closed since 2006.

Memphis had to vacate their final four because of the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT