ADVERTISEMENT

Media picks...

I say we are just a hairline behind San Diego state. We have Hawaii's number and we will beat them again

SDSU is still very good. Losing Pumphrey is a big loss but Washington & Penny are solid backs. They did lose I believe most of the starting O Line.
Rocky Long's teams are always solid on Defense but they are replacing a few very solid contributors. Will be a great match-up here at SBS.

I say we are just a hairline behind San Diego state. We have Hawaii's number and we will beat them again

I agree on Hawaii not sure about being that close to the Aztecs. SDSU lost a lot of talent but Rocky Long's defenses are always good. His scheme causes havoc for opposing QBs.

I get they lost Pumphrey, but this team curb stomped a very good Houston squad in the Vegas Bowl last year.

I think were another year away from being serious contenders for a conference title.

I agree on Hawaii not sure about being that close to the Aztecs. SDSU lost a lot of talent but Rocky Long's defenses are always good. His scheme causes havoc for opposing QBs.

I get they lost Pumphrey, but this team curb stomped a very good Houston squad in the Vegas Bowl last year.

I think were another year away from being serious contenders for a conference title.

100% agree. You could argue that Pumphrey's back up (Rashaad Penny) is almost as good as Pumphrey. Penny trades a little allusiveness for a little bit more speed. I would not be sad we edged it over sdsu, but I don't see that for at least two years.That 3-3-5 defense is insane.

It'll be the dream if we could consistently run over sdsu and unr in multiple consecutive years.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I'm not terribly scared of Hawaii. I respect them, just don't totally buy their resurrection just yet.

Also, I think we end up with more offensive first teamers by the end of the year.

Getting amped for the season!!!

I think the West division of the conference is up for the taking. SDSU has the clear edge but it's really up for grabs this year.

UNLV does have a decent chance since the game is at home. I just don't want to see another game like what happened two years ago to end the season. By fare the worst two games UNLV has played for Sanchez have been two years ago verse SDSU and last year verse the Community College of Northern Nevada @ reno.

UNLV does have a decent chance since the game is at home. I just don't want to see another game like what happened two years ago to end the season. By fare the worst two games UNLV has played for Sanchez have been two years ago verse SDSU and last year verse the Community College of Northern Nevada @ reno.
Did you not attend the Colorado State Game?

Reactions: bcvegaspt
At least they came back in the second half in the two games I listed it was a blowout from start to finish.
It was 35-0 at half. We scored in the 2nd half because the Rams stopped playing football. We lost 42-23. I don't see a comeback.

My opinion is that the loss to unr was the worst game UNLV had all year.

There was a difference of 107 yards of total offense for the CSU game
There was a difference of 208 yards of total offense for the unr game

There was a difference of 19 points for the CSU game
There was a difference of 35 points for the unr game.

Either way, if UNLV plays as badly as they did in either of those games next season, Sanchez would end up with a warm coaching seat. There must be a strong improvement in the season, and no more of the give up type games like happened with unr and CSU. The one and only exception to that would be Ohio State, where I hope UNLV can keep the game as close as the Michigan game, but also understand they could end up being overwhelmed.

My opinion is that the loss to unr was the worst game UNLV had all year.

There was a difference of 107 yards of total offense for the CSU game
There was a difference of 208 yards of total offense for the unr game

There was a difference of 19 points for the CSU game
There was a difference of 35 points for the unr game.
If CSU was our rival they would have beat us by 42+.

I was at both games. CSU was worse than SDSU two years ago....that's all I was saying. Not sure you think I meant the Reno game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT