ADVERTISEMENT

McCaw

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Pat was really pretty good in his role with the Warriors last season. But I’ve heard they want more alpha out of him.

Which confuses me when kids are assessed. Pat is a talented player and was while he was here. But the more he was a tertiary or secondary player, the better he was. As the go to guy, the do everything guy, he was fine but he lost a lot of his game for whatever reason when he needed to be “the man”.

I think it’s ok being a peripheral player, I think those that excel at it are invaluable.

I don’t understand why people try to change something that’s probably inherent. You knew what you were getting...

One of the things I REALLY enjoy about this year’s team is every player sticks to what they do at least fairly well. You don’t see them go to plays or moves or percentages that are outside of their comfort zones. They’re simply playing within themselves. It’s awesome to see.

But then you see this sort of square peg/round hole philosophy and it makes you wonder. Don’t try to be who you aren’t and don’t try to make others be who they aren’t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News