ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Arroyo -> OC at ASU

Does that affect our buyout at all. I remember that bioster stepped up to pay that off. I don't remember if he got all of the rest if the contract guaranteed.

Does that affect our buyout at all. I remember that bioster stepped up to pay that off. I don't remember if he got all of the rest if the contract guaranteed.
It was private money that kept the buyout payments going. We don’t continue the payments., it just naturally works itself out.

Bobs.jpg

It was private money that kept the buyout payments going. We don’t continue the payments., it just naturally works itself out.

Bobs.jpg
I have no inside anything, but that's probably true.

Theoretically, UNLV was responsible for 75% of the remainder of the contract. 2024 would have been the final year, and he was due for $1.6m, so UNLV is off the hook $1.2 million.

Now whether actually coming directly from UNLV or not, I'll sit back.

I have no inside anything, but that's probably true.

Theoretically, UNLV was responsible for 75% of the remainder of the contract. 2024 would have been the final year, and he was due for $1.6m, so UNLV is off the hook $1.2 million.

Now whether actually coming directly from UNLV or not, I'll sit back.
Correct. It’s standard in unlv coaches contracts that if they take a job elsewhere or participate in anything sports related (the contractual language is intentionally vague) that unlv is no longer obligated to pay the remainder of their buyout.

Generally speaking, professional (NFL) and upper P5 coaches contracts are fully guaranteed. Guys like Jimbo and Frank Reich are set for life. Reich is collecting two checks from Indy and Carolina.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT