ADVERTISEMENT

Maiava and White

I’ve been saying it for weeks. White is open A. LOT. happy Maiava is finding him.
White is a key. Senika is too inconsistent. With routes, with hands .... I like that we started utilizing the TE more, I think it was Ballungay last game. With the offense we run, there are going to be those underneath passes that can lead to something with easy YAC.

I really like how many varied options we have and they seem to be all over the field.

I’ve been saying it for weeks. White is open A. LOT. happy Maiava is finding him.

It will be interesting to see how CSU chooses to defend him after having a big day against Reno.

If they float coverages other guys will need to win 1v1 battles. Maiava will need to recognize it early and not try and force him the ball.

I expect similiar numbers to what UNLV did vs Reno..Around 200+ on the ground and in the air. I just think the receiving yards will be more spread out this time.

It will be interesting to see how CSU chooses to defend him after having a big day against Reno.

If they float coverages other guys will need to win 1v1 battles. Maiava will need to recognize it early and not try and force him the ball.

I expect similiar numbers to what UNLV did vs Reno..Around 200+ on the ground and in the air. I just think the receiving yards will be more spread out this time.
They will most definitely be bracketing White. I think we’ll see a lot of zone with one safety over the top of white. RB’s out of the backfield and TE’s in the middle of the field will be open. I’d use the WRs to clear out the middle of the field. Run stretches or slot receivers in the flat to move their DBs out of position and just gash them 7-8 yards at a time over the middle.

We should be able to run all over them. I think you’re right and they will try to take away our passing attack but they don’t have the interior players to consistently slow down the run game.

It should be a fun game.

They will most definitely be bracketing White. I think we’ll see a lot of zone with one safety over the top of white. RB’s out of the backfield and TE’s in the middle of the field will be open. I’d use the WRs to clear out the middle of the field. Run stretches or slot receivers in the flat to move their DBs out of position and just gash them 7-8 yards at a time over the middle.

We should be able to run all over them. I think you’re right and they will try to take away our passing attack but they don’t have the interior players to consistently slow down the run game.

It should be a fun game.
I'm not as down on our other guys as some might be here. I think McKie can do damage if attention is drawn more towards White. Also De Jesus and Conerly can do somethings. We haven't seen JDJ get much in the past few games other than screens. Nice to see what he can do down field a bit more (like earlier in the season).

I do agree that the TE's may get more love as well as RBs.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I still think Horton has a big day against us. He’s tough to stop. Very good WR. We’ll need to put pressure on the QB fast and often. If he’s get time in the pocket Horton will be 45 yards down the field behind our safety.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I still think Horton has a big day against us. He’s tough to stop. Very good WR. We’ll need to put pressure on the QB fast and often. If he’s get time in the pocket Horton will be 45 yards down the field behind our safety.
yeah, hes an NFL quality WR.. I dont necessarily see us "stopping him" but rather scheming so that he isnt beating us over the top constantly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT