ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Marcus Lo'Vett is off the table - committing to St. Johns. UNLV was playing with that one just a little bit but it was hard to sink completely into him given the transcript situation. He's been here, there, and everywhere, including home schooling for a stint and whether he qualifies or not is anybody's guess at this point. I don't think he will; he may end up being one of those soon to be termed "academic redshirts", which is basically Prop 48, where school is paid for, they attend school and practice as a freshman, but cannot compete as a freshman. So essentially, they won't have the wiggle room to use a redshirt after that.

I thought it might be one that gained steam since in all likelihood he will have to sit out a year - I think with the last scholarship, if it's used, that's the route UNLV would go - a guy that sits out the year. Personally, I still like bringing JJ as an eligible player more than the option of a guy like Lo'Vett. Either that or a D1 xfer that would have to sit out the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News