ADVERTISEMENT

Looking forward to the

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Knights game tonight. Seriously, thank God For the Knights. My interest in the other pro sports has almost completely dissipated. From being a complete junkie that would watch any game he could, regardless of favorite team, watch and rewatch entire ESPN newscasts, occasionally traveling to watch favorite teams ... to barely anything at all. Except the Rebels. That’s been the one constant. But it’s been a few seasons of absolute garbage. Who knows what the future holds under Otz.

But the Knights have really filled a void in that aspect. Started watching sporadically last year, watched the entire playoffs, watched every game this season. Not claiming to be the biggest die hard out there obviously, far, far from it. But IT IS nice to rise up out of the seat, it is nice to high five, it’s nice to get amped up - and yes, it’s even nice to get pissed off and/or disappointed, to feel heartache, etc. The Rebels haven’t even afforded that, so I’m glad the Knights are around.

I don’t know if the Knights win tonight. They’re going to be the recipients of some high energy, desperation all out crazed play. I don’t know enough about the mental toughness of this team to know if they’re strong enough to bring it as they have every game, they certainly didn’t in game one. But tonight will be intense.

If the Knights score early and often as they have, it’s going to get ugly. Looks like the Sharks already know they’re beaten and they’ll probably get even dirtier if it starts slipping away. They’re trying to drag VGK down into the muck. Kane’s words scream desperation, trying to go the mental warfare route. So does their play. I’m still pretty convinced that Kane’s fisticuffs in the 3rd last game was to intentionally get ejected so he wouldn’t remain as an open target on the ice for the last 10-12 minutes or so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News