ADVERTISEMENT

list of recent commits to other schools with UNLV offers

The one on there that you wish we had won was Dedeaux, just because he is a local and you hate to lose out to in conference teams. Not meant as indictment on Sanchez and company. Its going to happen, but those are the recruiting battles we need to win more times than not. (I think once there are shovels in the ground for the new facility it will become the norm)

To be fair, we have more commitments already than we usually have had in the past, I think the number will go up.

Absolutely.

I wasn't suggesting this was some failure by the staff. They are doing a fantastic job (at least on paper).

I was more pointing out losing guys to P5 schools is understandable. Until we (if) get a P5 invite we will lose most recruiting battles to those types of schools.

I was pointing out more that Dedeaux is the type of kid we need to win on, to get this thing turned around. (Which the staff seems to be doing a better job of than years past)

When the program starts to win, along with news about the new training facility finding funds, this should give a boost to the recruiting.

My biggest concern is the first game of the season against Jackson State. This is a game that UNLV must win and should dominate. A close win would hurt UNLV recruiting, and a loss would be a disaster for the program. While I know UNLV should easily win this game, I still have a hard time getting past what happened under coach Hauck.

Reactions: mvvsmith
Even though I watched a bunch of the practices and know for a fact that we're bigger/stronger/faster than we were last year, I would be a liar if I said I wasn't at least a little worried.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT