ADVERTISEMENT

Lagow visit moved up

Makes sense. Basketball has an Exhibition on Friday and its homecoming weekend. Fills the visit with a few more nice events. Also gets to see some game prep I imagine.

Will be interested to see if any other names pop up they have in town that weekend. I would expect all the JUCO targets to be visiting between now and Dec, especially the Mid Year guys.

Kid has a howitzer as well as a great spiral that I think will be a worthy replacement for Decker. Not knocking on Palandech, Sneed, or Jack Smith, since they all have a place in the Rebel offensive unit; but exactly none of those guys have good long ball potential. Hope he becomes a Rebel.

If he doesn't work out a qb, I think he would make a great TE too.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Great Timing. Game should be well attended, Hawaii game is always a big draw. Runnin Rebel opener, plenty of campus activity/parties Saturday night, and he's probably over 21 so the town is wide open.

Palandech tuck and roll left look for Keys deep left, hits Lagow on the right, Lagow to Boyd td. Just like with Brandon Presley last game.

Anyone know how Rogers liked it? I would be happy for either qb, but the set would be nice.

Anyone know how Rogers liked it? I would be happy for either qb, but the set would be nice.
Considering the question marks around Thomson and his injury, for depth purposes alone we will most likely br bringing in a juco and true freshmen. May not be Lagow and Rogers but there will be two. (Not saying it wont but you never know).

Thats like deciding if he wants the yugo or the ferrari.

Come on Lagow! Do the right thing, pick Vegas.

I am just speechless that UNLV is competing against a B10 school for a football player! 2 or 3 more years, who knows?

Reactions: bcvegaspt
It makes more sense to go to Indiana. But if every decision was driven by practicality, we would all be driving smart cars. Its not too unreasonable to think that he might have taken that much of a liking to Vegas to want to move here. Pretty much the only thing we have going for us at the moment.

It makes more sense to go to Indiana. But if every decision was driven by practicality, we would all be driving smart cars. Its not too unreasonable to think that he might have taken that much of a liking to Vegas to want to move here. Pretty much the only thing we have going for us at the moment.

This is where I hope CTS shines and makes the difference.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Anyone know if we still have a shot with Armani Rogers? It would be nice to have both of them, but realistically I know even only one of them would be difficult.

Let's make a pact to only post in this thread only when Lagow or Rogers commits somewhere. Every time I see a new post in here I can't open the thread fast enough to see if we got either. I'm like a kid on Christmas who wakes up at 5:30,6 and can't wait to open gifts.

Yes, that was my personal experience every Christmas.

If we don't land Lagow expect the staff to go full court press on a kid named Stephen Johnson II from College of The Desert CC.

I hope we get Lagow, but I don't know that this kid might not be just as good.

Some reason can't get link to come up for his hudl tape.

Last edited:
No inside info or anything but not getting a real good feel about this one. Him being at the Indiana game where they nearly upset Michigan couldn't have helped. Add in there were nearly 50k people at that game, which tends to add a little to the atmosphere.

We can hope he hates cold weather but considering he was originally a UConn recruit my guess is he isn't all that concerned about the weather.

Indiana's current QB and he are very similar in stature and skill set. Both big tall kids with a little mobility.

Looking at their depth chart it is similar to ours. Lot of underclassmen with little playing time. He might have just as much of a chance there as here to start right away.

The prestige of playing in the BIG10 goes a long way.

I think it is a good sign now and in the future we are still in the running for a guy like this, but I think we might miss out on this one.

Can't read to much into what goes on twitter/social media but a lot more Indiana stuff than UNLV stuff.

Mark Anderson has cooled on us getting him as well.

Hopefully I am wrong.

Reactions: DocRebel
No inside info or anything but not getting a real good feel about this one. Him being at the Indiana game where they nearly upset Michigan couldn't have helped. Add in there were nearly 50k people at that game, which tends to add a little to the atmosphere.

We can hope he hates cold weather but considering he was originally a UConn recruit my guess is he isn't all that concerned about the weather.

Indiana's current QB and he are very similar in stature and skill set. Both big tall kids with a little mobility.

Looking at their depth chart it is similar to ours. Lot of underclassmen with little playing time. He might have just as much of a chance there as here to start right away.

The prestige of playing in the BIG10 goes a long way.

I think it is a good sign now and in the future we are still in the running for a guy like this, but I think we might miss out on this one.

Can't read to much into what goes on twitter/social media but a lot more Indiana stuff than UNLV stuff.

Mark Anderson has cooled on us getting him as well.

Hopefully I am wrong.

I was having the same perception you described. Hopefully Lagow surprises us and picks UNLV.

In our favor Michigan landed two highly rated Qb's in their last class.
And there are four other QBs who have Michigan listed. I believe they're all h.s., too. Screw it! Put on the fullcourt press, Tony! Push that "playing time" button!

And there are four other QBs who have Michigan listed. I believe they're all h.s., too. Screw it! Put on the fullcourt press, Tony! Push that "playing time" button!
The prestige of Michigan, the potential to play vs power 5 conferences on TV are huge draws for Michigan and to a much lesser degree even Indiana.

Him being a JUCO guy I have to imagine immediate playing time has to be important to him with only 2 years of eligibility left.

The competition for the starting job here looks to be far less daunting. Lets hope that weighs heavy in his decision.

As long as he's not in conference. Would hate to have him make our defense look silly.

The state of UNLV football 2015 - we were recruiting two Big10 QB's and we landed the one we wanted more.

I honestly think this might have been the guy all along. Not saying Lagow wasn't in play, but originally I thought Stanton was the back up plan. Now I am starting to wonder if Lagow was the back up plan in case we didn't land Stanton. Stanton's numbers are every bit as good if not better than Lagow's this year.

I would have been happy with either but this may have been the better get for us. If for no other reason than Cotton and Garrison being familiar with Stanton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT