ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Rebels Infinity basketball thread

Yeah, defense has been pretty stellar. I know they are trying to figure out the rotations. Rachi keeps going back to high school mode. She's definitely improving, especially compared to game 1. And it's understandable, this is different but it feels like too many possessions where she goes one-on-one and forces a shot when involving team mates would work better. Nneka forced quite a few tonight. Yesterday the team was out of character with fouls. There has also been some crazy good passing and unselfish play.

Feels like nitpicking especially when they have 4 out of six games above 80 points. The competition hasn't been the best either.

Last time @ NAU didn't go well then Arizona and @ OU will be interesting. Expecting them to be in February form in November is truly unfair on my part but they have spoiled us. Great problem to have.

True, Kimpson has raw talent, that will lead to her go 1 on 1 sometimes to take advantage of mismatches. But, sometimes that is her downfall too. She will learn and get better, as the season goes along.

Obiazer, doesn't look the same as she did pre-injury. Her sophomore season, she looked explosive and
unrelenting to get rebounds. Now, her shot and rebounding, can improve.
Hopefully, in January and February, she can get her explosion back.

UNLV, will beat N. Arizona. Lindy, knows that she is 1-2 against NAU. And, will be ready for them.
I hope, this will be the last year we play them. Getting, kind of sick of playing them.

Arizona, has a lot of new players on their team.
This, could be the year, Lindy get's her first win over a P5 team.
We, will lose to Oklahoma. IF, we win I would be shocked.
Seton Hall, will be tough to beat at their place to.

I like the chances against Az. OU has been a bit schizo so far. Good wins and strange losses. So far this team has gone into big games against Az, Ok St and Michigan and shot a bit tight. Hopefully they are going to believe they belong and play to their ability.

I like the chances against Az. OU has been a bit schizo so far. Good wins and strange losses. So far this team has gone into big games against Az, Ok St and Michigan and shot a bit tight. Hopefully they are going to believe they belong and play to their ability.
Oklahoma, losing to Tennessee, is not a bad loss. They, were ranked this week.
Losing, to a tough Princeton team, might be a bad loss.
However, Princeton was an NCAA Tournament team last yr. So, they are a good team too.
OU, beating Ole Miss, was a great win for them.

This, UNLV team is deep and talented.
Last year's team, was not deep. That hurt us, against Oklahoma St.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Oklahoma, losing to Tennessee, is not a bad loss. They, were ranked this week.
Losing, to a tough Princeton team, might be a bad loss.
However, Princeton was an NCAA Tournament team last yr. So, they are a good team too.
OU, beating Ole Miss, was a great win for them.

This, UNLV team is deep and talented.
Last year's team, was not deep. That hurt us, against Oklahoma St.
I don't know what team would have done well losing 2 post starters and moving a perimeter player to a post role less than 48 hrs before the game. Shots were *just* missing and then that built on itself into frustration. I believe that game is very different without those things happening.

Still think the Az game is winnable. Interesting that they have a former assistant coach (Turner) and a former big (Isis Beh) on that team.

In both Az & OU games Rebs will need shots to fall to have a chance. Not sure our squad can handle OU's size but it will be fun to see. I like that MJ will know about playing at Lloyd Noble and help bring the attitude for that OU game.

Thrilled for football playing in championship but, damn, this is the second game this season that conflicts with Lady Rebs. Not sure how many crossover fans there are but have to believe this will stunt the crowd for the ladies.

I don't know what team would have done well losing 2 post starters and moving a perimeter player to a post role less than 48 hrs before the game. Shots were *just* missing and then that built on itself into frustration. I believe that game is very different without those things happening.

Still think the Az game is winnable. Interesting that they have a former assistant coach (Turner) and a former big (Isis Beh) on that team.

In both Az & OU games Rebs will need shots to fall to have a chance. Not sure our squad can handle OU's size but it will be fun to see. I like that MJ will know about playing at Lloyd Noble and help bring the attitude for that OU game.

Thrilled for football playing in championship but, damn, this is the second game this season that conflicts with Lady Rebs. Not sure how many crossover fans there are but have to believe this will stunt the crowd for the ladies.
Yes, not having Alyssa Brown and Obiazer in the OSU game really hurt UNLV.
Putting, Winfrey into a power foward role was out of desperation.
OSU, running and gunning and shooting those 3's at their place. Was too much for us to handle.

Isis Beh, must be like 25 years old. And, she is still a JR! How, does that happen? Lol
She, was a recruit under Kathy Oliver.
Kathy Oliver, didn't even make it to 1 NCAA Tournament, in 12 years here.
Talk, about under achieving. Can't believe, she lasted that long.
She, really went through the motions here at UNLV.

Macie James, has been kind of disappointing. Her outside shot is off.
FG % is 30 percent. 3 Point FG % is only 16 percent. Hopefully, she will figure it out.
Her, minutes are declining every game. She, also lost her starting spot to Ashley Scoggin.

Can't believe UNLV football is hosting this Saturday at noon.
I will, just record the Football game. As, I will be at the Arizona game with my niece at 2 PM.
I guess, it's a good problem to have. Lol.

Todays game vs:

University of California Santa Barbara Logo

Nov 24 (Fri) 4:00 p.m. PT

UC Santa Barbara
San Diego, CA
TV: ESPN+
You know what famous alum is from UCSB?

Lady Rebels game against the Arizona Mildcats this Sat. Dec. 2.
Is rescheduled to 5 PM. So, people can finish the MWC Championship football win.
And, come Pack the Mack, to see a real basketball team.
I cannot wait.

If the lady Rebels can exact some revenge from last year!!

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
no excuse for you guys to not come out and support the lady rebels unless you have plans..

I think this is the greatest basketball team since the 1990 Rebels.

As great as this Lady Rebel team is, and they are great.
There is 2 things in the Lindy era, that UNLV has not done yet.
1st - Make it to the second round of the NCAA tournament
2nd - Win against a P5 program.

You can do both this year.
This Saturday, will be the biggest home crowd in history, to ever witness a UNLV Lady Rebel game.

AZ and Lady Rebels have 1 common opponent. AZ beat USD by 13 while Lady Rebels beat USD by 36.
You forgot, they both played N. Arizona and LMU too.
Arizona beat N. Arizona and LMU, at home.
While, UNLV beat both N. Arizona and LMU, on the road.

I, really like our chances this Saturday.

Reactions: Rebelsin54321
The Volleyball team was bounced 3-0 out of the NIVC by Sacramento St. Wyoming moves to the next round after defeating SDSU (South Dakota).

Let’s go watch the female rebels play at a bar!!

Dude, we are going to Norman Oklahoma???

Yes, women’s basketball to watch a game. This is crazy

Reactions: SilverSpoon
Thanks gonna make sure the bar has it.

UNLV, is at the highest seed for Lindy's club.
A 7th seed. Let's beat, Oklahoma and get a 5th seed!
what are we looking at? We need film!!

I am going to parkway tavern on Decatur and flamingo.

See u guys there. Get out of the house, don’t let the mass shooters win!!

Huge first half by Desi. Hit a couple more 3s they could be up by 10 at half. Now they know they can compete with this team.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
UNLV, playing great. Just, have to weather the storm and keep it up.
Desi Rae Young, still has a Covid Year remaining.
She, could come back next year!

Reactions: RebelScrub
Dude the refs giving ticky tack calls to the LaTERZ

Slow Growth Lindy Laroque. Team hadn’t been ranked since ‘94. Team hadn’t been to the NCAA’s since very early 2000’s.

Took over a program that was under 500 most years for the past 20 years.

In other words, took over a nothing program.

Steady growth from year 1 to 3 and now into her 4th and doing her best so far.

Slow Growth Barry Odom, too.

But let’s wait for the slow growth to flourish with basketball because nothing can be done in short order.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT