ADVERTISEMENT

Keylan Boone is expected to enter the transfer portal

Does he have a half semester. Since he didn’t play the first half of the season?

How does THAT work?

I didn’t know he had the eligibility left. If we had retained him as a plus length scorer/defender I would have actually had some hope about next season.

Here’s another plausible example of NIL dictating? Anyone have any other reason why he wouldn’t want to stay and play with DJJ?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I didn’t know he had the eligibility left. If we had retained him as a plus length scorer/defender I would have actually had some hope about next season.

Here’s another plausible example of NIL dictating? Anyone have any other reason why he wouldn’t want to stay and play with DJJ?
Based on how his eligibility was handled last year in appeals and the subsequent roster construction this offseason, I imagine Kruger and staff didnt know this was a thing and filled the roster assuming he didnt have any eligibility left. That left us without a roster spot and probably NIL money to keep him around.

Based on how his eligibility was handled last year in appeals and the subsequent roster construction this offseason, I imagine Kruger and staff didnt know this was a thing and filled the roster assuming he didnt have any eligibility left. That left us without a roster spot and probably NIL money to keep him around.
I’m assuming they did know. It’s not like your day during the offseason is a staff spinning their wheels under high stress trying to do things. Even if it’s a little known rule, coaches know coaches know coaches, it’d have made its way down the pike. Either NIL (doubtful) or they’re hoping for some addition through subtraction.

Did anyone watch the season last year? That team was discombobulated, zero chemistry. The Boone’s were a gigantic part of that.

First thing they do when arriving in Vegas is hit the clubs and one gets a DUI. Hopefully CKK learned his lesson and we got serious guys this year.

Reactions: CEERebel and Trax0r
I can see him going to Iowa St.

He

have you seen him play..he f’n sucks.

The body of Kawhi Leonard, the motor of Oliver Miller.

You know we’re taking about the brother that plays the wing, not the post right? He made some huge shots and was a gamer in big games. Not sure what you were watching.
I think he’s a dime a dozen, blew hit and way too cold for my liking. Spot minutes, sure. Starter? No thanks. Plus he was anything but a glue guy.

I don’t think it’s some tremendous loss.

I think he’s a dime a dozen, blew hit and way too cold for my liking. Spot minutes, sure. Starter? No thanks. Plus he was anything but a glue guy.

True, but in the ckk 1 on 5 offense, you need a guy who can get his own shot before the shot clock runs out. And he could do that some. He also got more boards than LRod.

Second leading scorer/ leading rebounder/ 2nd in blocked... not sure what you guys were watching but we would've been terrible had he not been eligible for 2nd half of season. Maybe him and his brother weren't great teammates because they tended to be there for each other, maybe they caused a few headaches... but come on.. he could've easily been 1st team all MWC this year and his scoring average undoubtedly would've gone up

Second leading scorer/ leading rebounder/ 2nd in blocked... not sure what you guys were watching but we would've been terrible had he not been eligible for 2nd half of season. Maybe him and his brother weren't great teammates because they tended to be there for each other, maybe they caused a few headaches... but come on.. he could've easily been 1st team all MWC this year and his scoring average undoubtedly would've gone up
Glad he showed up just in time for AFA at home..

No one showed up for that one... but we would've had alot more AFA at home without him...
BTW- Dedan had 4 points in that game
Including Keylan. No big loss is what I’m saying.

I don’t know what you guys see in him or his brother.

homer simpson episode 13 GIF

He was our best 2, far and away. Given that CKK needs height for his defense to be effective, he definitely added that and made our defense better overall.

I get all of the counterpoints. Inconsistent. Sometimes looked like he tried to foul out. Not focused (to speak generally).

While he wasn't all world, he wasn't the midget who everyone said needed more minutes in order to get better.

I would gladly have welcomed him back. I know he was inconsistent and took some bad shots. My opinion of what KK is bringing in we are going to miss what he did bring to the table.
I just don’t think he’s a guy who puts you over the hump in making the NCAA tournament. I think he has value. Anybody that can shoot at a decent rate at that height has value because they’re a potential perimeter problem. But though he was capable, he was inconsistent. And a bit temperamental. Just not a game changer or a reliable body, imo. For instance, I’d much rather have a Romel Beck or Gerald Paddio .., similar sizes but more consistent from three and they were pretty much one trick ponies as Keylan. And those guys were actually integral parts of their teams because they were more consistent.

I’d rather have him than not have him, so it’s not a good riddance type of stance from me. But it certainly doesn’t crush my season hopes for next season just as him remaining wouldn’t make me think we are going to be dancing because of his presence.

I 100% agree he isn't a player that is going get you dancing. I would also take Paddio or Beck or players similar over him 10 times out of 10.
Hopefully I am wrong but I am comparing him to what we have and what we have coming in and right now I think he would have been our best option. This is why I think it would have been beneficial to have had him back next year.
Paddio or a player like him is not walking through the T&M doors next year.

I dont disagree with the last sentence, but given who was brought in, Id much rather have him. I dont think he was as inconsistent as you think. There were 5 games in last 22 where he failed to score double digits, and his rebounding was pretty consistent compared to the rest of the team- he was the leading rebounder. Again, I dont disagree that you can lock us in as a NCAA team with him, that depends on so many more elements in play around the remainder of the roster, but Id rather have him than a couple of the shots in the dark that we brought in.

No one showed up for that one... but we would've had alot more AFA at home without him...
BTW- Dedan had 4 points in that game
Reminds me of that scene in Varsity Blues where Mox takes the team out to the club and then they play like shit the next night.

I just don’t think he’s a guy who puts you over the hump in making the NCAA tournament. I think he has value. Anybody that can shoot at a decent rate at that height has value because they’re a potential perimeter problem. But though he was capable, he was inconsistent. And a bit temperamental. Just not a game changer or a reliable body, imo. For instance, I’d much rather have a Romel Beck or Gerald Paddio .., similar sizes but more consistent from three and they were pretty much one trick ponies as Keylan. And those guys were actually integral parts of their teams because they were more consistent.

I’d rather have him than not have him, so it’s not a good riddance type of stance from me. But it certainly doesn’t crush my season hopes for next season just as him remaining wouldn’t make me think we are going to be dancing because of his presence.
IMO, he's better than half of the players making up next year's team. If you can make a way to get him you take him.

I dont disagree with the last sentence, but given who was brought in, Id much rather have him. I dont think he was as inconsistent as you think. There were 5 games in last 22 where he failed to score double digits, and his rebounding was pretty consistent compared to the rest of the team- he was the leading rebounder. Again, I dont disagree that you can lock us in as a NCAA team with him, that depends on so many more elements in play around the remainder of the roster, but Id rather have him than a couple of the shots in the dark that we brought in.
I don’t think he’s a good teammate, he checked in and out all season. It wasn’t until the end of the season where it probably dawned on some guys that they will be playing in Zimbabwe professionally for peanuts if they keep playing like dog shit.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I 100% agree he isn't a player that is going get you dancing. I would also take Paddio or Beck or players similar over him 10 times out of 10.
Hopefully I am wrong but I am comparing him to what we have and what we have coming in and right now I think he would have been our best option. This is why I think it would have been beneficial to have had him back next year.
Paddio or a player like him is not walking through the T&M doors next year.
How do you half ass things and have an entire semester off to get rest/take classes for free?

I don’t get these grown ass adults. And people here make excuses for our team’s pitiful play.

Just great, he has a UNLV degree and gets to play somewhere else!!

Cry me a f’n river.

Reminds me of that scene in Varsity Blues where Mox takes the team out to the club and then they play like shit the next night.
Right fresh from Winter Vacation too.

Maybe the party never ended with these players….

Do you know how shitty I felt taking the bus back to my house after the game?

Sure he has his flaws but he’s a hell of a lot better than a few scholarship players we have.
Y’all Rebel Netters have been watching sh*t basketball for so long, you lost your objectivity.

Where’s the loyalty these days? None.

Let’s go down the line. Cottrell..bum ass foot. Jalen Hill..bum ass knee. Waley..short physical player. Keep him. Hicks…gonna have to step up. DTJ..keep. He’s the centerpiece.

Everyone else..

?????????? Huge question marks.

See yall in f’n November.

Y’all Rebel Netters have been watching sh*t basketball for so long, you lost your objectivity.

Where’s the loyalty these days? None.

Let’s go down the line. Cottrell..bum ass foot. Jalen Hill..bum ass knee. Waley..short physical player. Keep him. Hicks…gonna have to step up. DTJ..keep. He’s the centerpiece.

Everyone else..

?????????? Huge question marks.

See yall in f’n November.
No shit there’s huge question marks throughout the whole roster. Thats the Kevin Kruger way.

I’d much rather have Boone take up a schollie over Cottrell, the Boise kid and the kid from Florida or wherever.

No shit there’s huge question marks throughout the whole roster. Thats the Kevin Kruger way.

I’d much rather have Boone take up a schollie over Cottrell, the Boise kid and the kid from Florida or wherever.
Kruger will need to continue to improve his coaching. While he isn't where I would like him to be in regards to his and the staffs coaching abilities, I did see improvements as the season went along last year, and if he wants to continue as the coach, he must continue to improve!

Kruger will need to continue to improve his coaching. While he isn't where I would like him to be in regards to his and the staffs coaching abilities, I did see improvements as the season went along last year, and if he wants to continue as the coach, he must continue to improve!
I think we need to see something change in the offseason. Whatever the approach, they didn’t start strong. And spare me the “new bodies”. Pretty much everyone has new bodies.

Consistent growth is a good thing. We saw slow, slow, pipe up a bit, back down, then a hot streak at the end against mediocre talent. I’d like to see consistent week to week improvement. We didn’t have that last season at all.

The opportunity to get Keylan back, should be a Resounding YES.. Not even sure why there is a side saying no to this.. Sure, he wasn’t great.. But, this roster is questionable all over.. Having him return for another year as a leader, with some confidence, would be a huge deal.. Kid has talent, length, & experience.. If you put him in the fold, would give me much more excitement for this season..

The opportunity to get Keylan back, should be a Resounding YES.. Not even sure why there is a side saying no to this.. Sure, he wasn’t great.. But, this roster is questionable all over.. Having him return for another year as a leader, with some confidence, would be a huge deal.. Kid has talent, length, & experience.. If you put him in the fold, would give me much more excitement for this season..
Mine is more about potential team chemistry issues than anything. I don’t think people fully grasp how that can impact a season. I don’t think he adds to it.

But I’m also of the mind that if it isn’t a same page, team first mentality across the board; you’re going to underachieve in spite of any level of talent. So I think I’m probably extra sensitive to that part of the equation.

Mine is more about potential team chemistry issues than anything. I don’t think people fully grasp how that can impact a season. I don’t think he adds to it.

But I’m also of the mind that if it isn’t a same page, team first mentality across the board; you’re going to underachieve in spite of any level of talent. So I think I’m probably extra sensitive to that part of the equation.
From the outside looking in Keylan looked like the only player who cared last year besides Rob and DJ. It seemed like the cancers on the team were LuRod and Kalib Boone. To me it always looked like Keylan played hard and cared. Maybe it was different in the locker room, who knows.

From the outside looking in Keylan looked like the only player who cared last year besides Rob and DJ. It seemed like the cancers on the team were LuRod and Kalib Boone. To me it always looked like Keylan played hard and cared. Maybe it was different in the locker room, who knows.
Lurod certainly showed everything he was made of …

Reactions: RRebel

& I can understand that view as well.. Not sure how he impacts the chemistry negatively tho, I didn’t think/hear that he was that big of a head case?

I take him immediately, & not as a role.. He’s back in starting rotation.. He fills exactly what CKK needed to get in the portal & didn’t prioritize..

Put DTJ, Bedford, & Boone as our 1-3.. & 4-5, led by Whaley, still a wait & see mode, Rebs can be something.. But the Boone addition would be that missing link that I think the staff missed on in this recruiting period..

& I can understand that view as well.. Not sure how he impacts the chemistry negatively tho, I didn’t think/hear that he was that big of a head case?

I take him immediately, & not as a role.. He’s back in starting rotation.. He fills exactly what CKK needed to get in the portal & didn’t prioritize..

Put DTJ, Bedford, & Boone as our 1-3.. & 4-5, led by Whaley, still a wait & see mode, Rebs can be something.. But the Boone addition would be that missing link that I think the staff missed on in this recruiting period..
There were a lot of issues with the chemistry last season because of the Boones. It became very apparent and public at the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT