ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Jacobs little brother Isaiah

220reb

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
Raiders RB Josh Jacobs has a brother looking to transfer in from JUCO. His D1 offers are from UAB, Texas ST, Teledo and Arkansas ST. The question will be if we have a spot for him as we begin to bring in more recruits to close out this class.

Last edited:
Now this is a RB I like! 5’11 220, not that the other little RB we just signed won’t have a place but we need a few guys with size and speed at positions like RB and WR. I hope we get this guy!

His hudl tape is ok. He is more of a one cut kind of RB.

Which is fine depending on the blocking scheme.

With a zone blocking scheme a one cut and go guy is perfect. Tim Cornett was great for UNLV and he was a 'one cut' type guy (was also a 4.5 guy at 215lbs whic is a nice size and speed ratio). I can't remember if UNLV was employing zone blocking in that offense. Tim seemed good for at least one 20+ yard run a game.

Really depends on the OC and the new offense if it is man on man blocking or zone blocking scheme.

As for Jacob's, I think you take a gamble on a guy like that even if you don't envision him playing a ton. As the village idiot @bcvegaspt pointed out publicity of just about any kind never hurts. Having big brother pop up to games or tweet about UNLV wouldn't be a bad thing.

Are the Raiders even going to be re-signing Jacobs? I know they didn’t pick up the 5th option and will have to pay a ton to resign him because of the season he had. I may have missed them stating their intentions but he is likely not going to be in Vegas next year.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Are the Raiders even going to be re-signing Jacobs? I know they didn’t pick up the 5th option and will have to pay a ton to resign him because of the season he had. I may have missed them stating their intentions but he is likely not going to be in Vegas next year.

I think you're right. There were rumblings at the start of the season this would be it for him.

I absolutely hate the Raiders but they would be right not to resign him. When RBs decline it tends to be off a cliff not gradual. Shelf life for a running back to be effective is about 5 years barring some exceptions.

If he's back I think you do it. Otherwise there are likely better options.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Jacobs played one game at Maryland in 2021 against West Virginia and had 73 yards rushing. He picked up a few LB Blitzs and ran hard up the middle. Maryland did not have a good offensive line. He did not play the next four games and jumped in the portal and landed at Kansas JC in Independence. Had a ton of offers out of HS and took a visit to Alabama. Looking at his running style he Reminds me of D.Dorsey from the coach Robinson Era. I really want to see how our new coaching staff will develop running backs. If we have a spot open give him a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT