ADVERTISEMENT

Jones vs Morgan

RunninRebl90

Rebel Legend
Apr 1, 2009
Vegas baby
One game doesn't make a season, but i really liked what we saw from Dwayne yesterday. We can't know for certain if things have clicked for Morgan yet, but it showed the vast potential that our DMV import possesses. So it got me thinking about what he needs to do to get better. The obvious things popped into my head. Weight room, film study, 500 jumpers a day, etc, etc. Then it occurred to me that what this kid really could need is competition. With such a short rotation, nobody is coming for anyone's minutes this year. When u have 7 guys, u might get a little more run than usual, maybe a little less, but nobody is coming to supplant u. That's not the case next year, especially for Dwayne. Jones is on his way and he's coming for those minutes. Derrick does things that this team needs very badly. He rebounds and he defends. He also has a similar offensive skill-set as Morgan, albeit as a much better athlete. It's just natural that they are going to become rivals of sorts, seeing that they're vying for the same spot. So these 2 are going to be battling it out daily and i feel like it's going to push them both to get better and better. As a result it could push DM to where we all hoped he would be. It will also make Jones a much better freshman IMO. Sometimes it's like gravity for these kids. U just need a little push.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News