ADVERTISEMENT

JJ

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Obviously, we've had tons of discussion about Justin Jackson's decision whether or not to reclassify or not. And that'll all heat up as he plays summer ball.

I know that no real headway was made as he played for Canada because he was just focusing on playing ball.

I really don't know what he's going to do and this is one of those situations where there really is no right or wrong. I guess ultimately what is right is whatever is right for the kid.

JJ is D1 ready. No question about that. No, not a lottery pick, can't miss freshman at this age, but he certainly CAN contribute right now.

In a perfect world, which Lord knows we aren't living in, you bring him in, no redshirt, let the competition flow and let the cream rise to the top - and players 1-13 are cool with however the chips may fall.

Now that the roster has rounded out, by that I mean everyone is here, there were no unexpected xfers out. Is there room? Or do you protect against injury now? Is that fair to the kid? Or the other kids if he beats them out?

Send him to prep. Have a less than stellar year and Rice is released. JJ will be a never Rebel. Hard enough keeping the big hungry wolves away as it is RIGHT NOW. So there is a risk to the program if he's not brought in.

I don't know the answer. I really don't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News