ADVERTISEMENT

Jeanty

We haven't faced any backs like Jeanty this year. But we have done a good job at limiting opposing teams running games. Syracuse had a pretty solid game with 33 carries for 137 yards and 3 TD's.

This past game against OSU, their QB broke one long run for 71 yards, and despite that, they only ran for a total of 137 yards, so only 66 yards aside from that one run.

I think we'll do fairly well against Jeanty, but us focusing on him will definitely open up the passing game and play action, so our secondary is going be critical for us this game.

We haven't faced any backs like Jeanty this year. But we have done a good job at limiting opposing teams running games. Syracuse had a pretty solid game with 33 carries for 137 yards and 3 TD's.

This past game against OSU, their QB broke one long run for 71 yards, and despite that, they only ran for a total of 137 yards, so only 66 yards aside from that one run.

I think we'll do fairly well against Jeanty, but us focusing on him will definitely open up the passing game and play action, so our secondary is going be critical for us this game.
Oregon State came into the game in fourth place for running yards per game on offense! The game plan off Hawaii controlled Boise State until later in the second half.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
We’ve done well against the run, even last game. Short gains aside from 1 or 2.

And Jeanty didn’t pulverize a lesser defense last year … what he get, 150 yards against us? I think around 20 carries. So good YPC, but didn’t kill us. The quarterback did, though.

Watching him run, he’s a really good runner. I really like the way he hits the holes and can bounce from mediocre tackles.

But he still scares me a bit. He’s that good. And you can hold him for 35 yards on 10 carries, the next thing you know, he’s got 125 yards on 14 carries.

We’ve done well against the run, even last game. Short gains aside from 1 or 2.

And Jeanty didn’t pulverize a lesser defense last year … what he get, 150 yards against us? I think around 20 carries. So good YPC, but didn’t kill us. The quarterback did, though.

Watching him run, he’s a really good runner. I really like the way he hits the holes and can bounce from mediocre tackles.

But he still scares me a bit. He’s that good. And you can hold him for 35 yards on 10 carries, the next thing you know, he’s got 125 yards on 14 carries.

The game will. Come down to this.

Jeanty will get his yards.

When UNLV has Boise in 3rd and +7 yards you have to get off the field. Can't give up the QB scramble for 8 yards. Can't let the TE find a soft spot in a zone at the sticks. Can't miss a tackle on a swing pass that goes for nine.

Absolutely have to get off the field in those situations.

Any turnovers must be 7s not 3s.

I'm still of the opinion player for player Boise is still better than us.

The game will. Come down to this.

Jeanty will get his yards.

When UNLV has Boise in 3rd and +7 yards you have to get off the field. Can't give up the QB scramble for 8 yards. Can't let the TE find a soft spot in a zone at the sticks. Can't miss a tackle on a swing pass that goes for nine.

Absolutely have to get off the field in those situations.

Any turnovers must be 7s not 3s.

I'm still of the opinion player for player Boise is still better than us.
They may be, probably are, but we were better than Syracuse player for player and they rose to the challenge and took advantage of opportunities (our mistakes) and pulled out the win. We must play smart, no personal fouls for 15, no targeting calls, no roughing the passer when they throw an incomplete pass on 3rd and long, no false starts making a 3rd & 3 a 3rd & 8.

I think the talent is close. We actually may a bit more talent on the O line, but they are much better as a unit at run blocking for instance. I think we have the edge on defensive talent too. Jeanty is just one of those players that can single handedly. There may not be a such an impactful player in college at that position since Barry Sanders. Another guy that can practically beat you by himself.

I think we can do better than most teams have. Be sure that they will switch things up against us schematically. Syracuse changed the way they played, so did Oregon State really. We have been able to survive early punches in the mouth a bunch this season, but I don't think we can get 14 down early again and expect to win on Friday.

Would it shock anyone if they came out and threw it 10 times to start the game just to throw our defensive game plan in the gutter... no absolutely not, honestly I would..
But if we do play closer to the line like we did vs OSU for most of the 2nd half of the game we will fair better against the pass and run. We're more able to keep short passes from easy 6-10 yard plays and closer to the line to close on Jeanty.

I think the talent is close. We actually may a bit more talent on the O line, but they are much better as a unit at run blocking for instance. I think we have the edge on defensive talent too. Jeanty is just one of those players that can single handedly. There may not be a such an impactful player in college at that position since Barry Sanders. Another guy that can practically beat you by himself.

I think we can do better than most teams have. Be sure that they will switch things up against us schematically. Syracuse changed the way they played, so did Oregon State really. We have been able to survive early punches in the mouth a bunch this season, but I don't think we can get 14 down early again and expect to win on Friday.
I don't feel complete with this sentence. Like you left me on a cliffhanger.
I. Need. More.

• Haha
Reactions: LocoRebel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT