ADVERTISEMENT

J waddilove says Tillman is coming to UNLV.

Buffel

Starter
Apr 16, 2019
Jeff says Donnie Tillman 100 percent to UNLV. Is he right? Generally has good info. Would be great if it happens and he got a waiver to play this year. What do you guys think?

Mentioned that a few weeks back on an earlier thread. My thoughts were based on the comments from some of the Utah fans. His waiver would be almost automatic due to his mom living in LV and having health issues. If he goes anywhere else he will be required to sit out a year.

Jeff says Donnie Tillman 100 percent to UNLV. Is he right? Generally has good info. Would be great if it happens and he got a waiver to play this year. What do you guys think?

What makes you think an Olive Garden waiter has any clue what is happening with UNLV BB. He never even goes to games. Need I remind you he also said Pitino would be our next coach. He then said Thad Matta was for sure our next coach.

I think UNLV has a great shot at him since he has been working out at the Mendenhall for a while now.

Worse than working at olive olive would be someone eating there thinking it was Italian food. Chef boyrardee with seats. Lol. You could be right. We will see soon.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
Worse than working at olive olive would be someone eating there thinking it was Italian food. Chef boyrardee with seats. Lol. You could be right. We will see soon.

Fake food, Fake insider Want to know what Jeff knows, just google UNLV like he does.

Last edited:
Someone will be eating crow about what Jeff knows...

He won’t be 100% accurate since nobody ever is but I will bet dollars to doughnuts he’s WAY better connected than someone on here who’s strongly criticizing him. I know that for a FACT.

Also, I’ve sat with Jeff at games and have seen him sitting around the arena in other seats.

Someone will be eating crow about what Jeff knows...
He won’t be 100% accurate since nobody ever is but I will be dollars to doughnuts he’s WAY better connected than someone on here who’s strongly criticizing him. I know that for a FACT.

Also, I’ve sat with Jeff at games and have seen him sitting around the arena in other seats.

I'm not saying he won't be right on this, but I question how a guy who comes out of nowhere & claims to be an "insider". Most the times when he discusses games he mentions the tv feed. I know his co writer says he feels he does most the leg work for the other two. I've been told he is fed info from the national guys that run his site. More power to him but when they are so far off it is sad. They want to get scoops so they run with bogus info & don't even try to verify. I am just a fan who has friends close to UNLV & the program but I don't break confidence but if you are peddling info you charge for, it should be legitimate.

He won’t be 100% accurate since nobody ever is but I will bet dollars to doughnuts he’s WAY better connected than someone on here who’s strongly criticizing him. I know that for a FACT.

I appreciate Waddilove and follow him because he clearly has more connections than I do. He also appears passionate about UNLV sports and that is more than can be said about a lot of the mainstream "journalists" who cover UNLV. Wasn't Waddilove once a regular on this site? The newspaper guys don't even seem to follow things like football recruiting, which is obvious when UNLV gets their 7th commit for the '20 class and they put out a piece on UNLV picking up their 3rd commit.

I also appreciate Joe Arrigo from that site. He takes heat (on social media) for being too tight with the program. But he also appears genuinely interested in UNLV and tries to get info on guys who are overlooked. A lot of the other media guys who aren't from LV seem to just be waiting for a better opportunity elsewhere. The Mississippi guy likes to troll UNLV fans. The Boston guy likes to analyze the stats and do lots of analytics. The San Diego guy puts out columns about the greatness of Steve Fisher (who was a great coach, but not what I want to read about). And the Shapiro guy I just can't figure out. He seems willing to twist the narrative in favor of whomever is going to be his buddy and be on his show. He was going to do a bake sale or something in front of the Tark statue at T&M in support of UNLV hiring Mike Miller... then later confronted our AD on the air and demanded she reveal the list of coaching candidates she spoke with and explain why she didn't give enough consideration to his "A-list candidates... Mike Miller, Thad Motta, Larry Eustachy, and Eric Musselman". No AD (other than TKM) is going to rat the names of coaches who were willing to take their calls.

I appreciate Waddilove and follow him because he clearly has more connections than I do. He also appears passionate about UNLV sports and that is more than can be said about a lot of the mainstream "journalists" who cover UNLV. Wasn't Waddilove once a regular on this site? The newspaper guys don't even seem to follow things like football recruiting, which is obvious when UNLV gets their 7th commit for the '20 class and they put out a piece on UNLV picking up their 3rd commit.

I also appreciate Joe Arrigo from that site. He takes heat (on social media) for being too tight with the program. But he also appears genuinely interested in UNLV and tries to get info on guys who are overlooked. A lot of the other media guys who aren't from LV seem to just be waiting for a better opportunity elsewhere. The Mississippi guy likes to troll UNLV fans. The Boston guy likes to analyze the stats and do lots of analytics. The San Diego guy puts out columns about the greatness of Steve Fisher (who was a great coach, but not what I want to read about). And the Shapiro guy I just can't figure out. He seems willing to twist the narrative in favor of whomever is going to be his buddy and be on his show. He was going to do a bake sale or something in front of the Tark statue at T&M in support of UNLV hiring Mike Miller... then later confronted our AD on the air and demanded she reveal the list of coaching candidates she spoke with and explain why she didn't give enough consideration to his "A-list candidates... Mike Miller, Thad Motta, Larry Eustachy, and Eric Musselman". No AD (other than TKM) is going to rat the names of coaches who were willing to take their calls.

Nothing against either Jeff or Joe but I don't consider them the same as Media/journalists, who are held accountable for what they publish. I appreciate Joe's passion & analysis but clearly Coach Sanchez feeds him the info he wants disseminated that RJ reporters can't release until it is verified. The issue I had with them is the whole reporting false info like on BB Coaching search which turned out to be totally baseless & false. When I heard Joe say Mike Miller was Sean Miller's brother on a podcast, I tried to let the Kaylen know privately he was wrong so they could correct it & instead he argued with me & my friend blew them up. LOL Same thing on Pitino & instead of listening they argued, so clearly they care more about the scoop then the accuracy.

Bischoff has grown on me. I don't like the poking fun at UNLV but he does report accurately & his analysis good or bad is usually right on.

The Vegas Take Guy used to buddy up with Joe & Jeff until their recent fall out. He seems totally nuts with a strong dislike for anything UNLV. He is like a shock jock. Not worth time discussing.

Reactions: TimothyC3
I think alot of people were fed false information to throw them off as the A.D. conducted her search. She had a plan as we now know and didn't want to proceed like T.K. Source's may have legitimately believed their info was correct but in the day of instant news everyone wants to be first to get the scoop. That's why we are in the age of fake news. Look at how many times our major news networks run with a story without knowing call the facts.

I think alot of people were fed false information to throw them off as the A.D. conducted her search. She had a plan as we now know and didn't want to proceed like T.K. Source's may have legitimately believed their info was correct but in the day of instant news everyone wants to be first to get the scoop. That's why we are in the age of fake news. Look at how many times our major news networks run with a story without knowing call the facts.

That is probably true but you didn't see anyone from the RJ report what Joe & Jeff did. In fact I remember Mike Grimala even saying on Bischoff's show & Mark Anderson on Coeffield saying they had the same "sources" feeding them the same info but one call to UNLV ended it for them. They couldn't get any confirmation so they didn't report it. I think Joe & Jeff's careless reporting undermined DRF & made it look like she blew the negotiations with Matta, when she never even interviewed him. It is also very telling that Matta never interviewed with any other schools & there were plenty of high profile jobs available. The bloggers got played & real reporters vetted their sources & didn't report the misinformation.

Last edited:
First, there is information and sources other than Jeff who knew a lot about the Matta situation. And, there was a lot to it.
That it didn't work out, as have some of his other predictions, I am shocked! Shocked, I say! When there are folks out there who have predicted everything, right?
Let us get serious. Nobody was making correct predictions about the coaching search. Rumors were everywhere. Even from folks with sources.
Jeff goes out on a limb. Sometimes he is wrong. I hope he keeps on doing what he does.

First, there is information and sources other than Jeff who knew a lot about the Matta situation. And, there was a lot to it.
That it didn't work out, as have some of his other predictions, I am shocked! Shocked, I say! When there are folks out there who have predicted everything, right?
Let us get serious. Nobody was making correct predictions about the coaching search. Rumors were everywhere. Even from folks with sources.
Jeff goes out on a limb. Sometimes he is wrong. I hope he keeps on doing what he does.

& I get that. From what I understand NO ONE employed by the University or BOR EVER reached out to Pitino or Matta. Some rouge boosters got played by Matta. They thought they were big shots and acted like they had the authority to reach out to Thad & he used them for a few free meals and to act like he was actively seeking employment to satisfy his separation agreement with Ohio so he could keep getting paid. The real journalists knew this. Jeff & Joe went so far as to announce a day & time he would be announced as the next UNLV HC. That is damaging to DRF because fans believed it & started saying she screwed up the hire. It is one thing to report on possible players or candidates, it is another to continue to spread false info that could damage UNLV's rep. There are real journalists who take the time to get facts and confirmation, then there are some that report everything some unvetted source has to say just to drive traffic to their site. The reliable journalists will be around and the shady ones will fade soon enough. If you have to do a video to explain yourself, there is some truth to what is being said no matter how you try to spin it.

Last edited:
Back on topic. Since Tillman has gone to Rutgers & now plans to visit Illinois, do you think that damages his chance for a hardship waiver even if he comes to UNLV? It now looks like he is just looking to transfer & his mother's illness is not that serious if he is looking at schools other than in Vegas where his ill mother lives?

Back on topic since you don't want someone to disprove your points... Ok. Why would we tell you what we think of Tillman's situation since you'll call us fake journalists if we're wrong?

I'm going to stop here since I know you have never ending energy for "being right" all the time.

Back on topic since you don't want someone to disprove your points... Ok. Why would we tell you what we think of Tillman's situation since you'll call us fake journalists if we're wrong?

I'm going to stop here since I know you have never ending energy for "being right" all the time.

Wow. Little defensive. Whatever. I said my piece. The people at UNLV that matter are well aware of their reputations & will treat them accordingly.

My question wasn't directed solely at you, so anyone can jump in. Have a nice day EVERYONE

I think that we have seen results of people being attacked for posting, tweeting, etc. things that turned out to be true. It has had a chilling effect. Why publish information from sources you trust, only to be criticized if things don't turn out.
Personally, I have been told many things from sources I believe were acting in good faith, including from people VERY close to the program. Some of those things turned out to be in error. It is the nature of transmission of information. It happens.
I have posted some things on the confidential board, but, mostly I have kept mum. Frankly, I guess I am gutless.
On twitter, there are a dozen people whom I trust, that I follow. None of them are always right. None of them, including Jeff, claim to be. Or, will be.
I like reading the rumors. I don't bet the house on them. But, they are fun. I hope they continue. We have chased too many from Rebel-net.

I've never seen a Waddilove post saying Tillman is coming to UNLV. He has only said UNLV is in the running. I'd like to see the post you are relying on.

Check his tweet with the eyeballs from 6 days ago. it was a response to others questions about that tweet.

Check his tweet with the eyeballs from 6 days ago. it was a response to others questions about that tweet.
Jeff is a good guy. Use to post everyday on the confidential board. Even the best of the insiders even hit near 50% of their “prediction “ is great! Things are just that more dynamic when you’re chasing good players or coaches

Reactions: NSU67 and bcvegaspt
True story. One day, I was going to the basketball offices. Outside, in the circular parking lot, I encountered a Rebel player who was rumored to be leaving. I asked him if this was so. He told me no, that he would be returning the next season.
I asked if he had told staff. No, he answered. I suggested that he should do it, and stop the rumors. We walked in, and went to Dave Rice's offices.
There was a coaches meeting going on. The player walked in and announced his return.

I wondered if I should post about it. I had seen so many people criticized for posting things that did not turn out, I decided I would wait a couple days.
The day following his meeting with the staff, the player publicly announced he was leaving.

Good thing I didn't post. Folks would have accused me of writing about things I did not know. I am not media, my connections were from another direction.

I knew what I had been told, and heard with my own ears. But, you know, things change. People prevaricate, re-evaluate, etc. Shawn Marion told me he was returning, right before he left. It happens.

I am grateful to Jeff, Tim, and any other folks who pass on info. I am mature enough to take everything with a grain of salt.

True story. One day, I was going to the basketball offices. Outside, in the circular parking lot, I encountered a Rebel player who was rumored to be leaving. I asked him if this was so. He told me no, that he would be returning the next season.
I asked if he had told staff. No, he answered. I suggested that he should do it, and stop the rumors. We walked in, and went to Dave Rice's offices.
There was a coaches meeting going on. The player walked in and announced his return.

I wondered if I should post about it. I had seen so many people criticized for posting things that did not turn out, I decided I would wait a couple days.
The day following his meeting with the staff, the player publicly announced he was leaving.

Good thing I didn't post. Folks would have accused me of writing about things I did not know. I am not media, my connections were from another direction.

I knew what I had been told, and heard with my own ears. But, you know, things change. People prevaricate, re-evaluate, etc. Shawn Marion told me he was returning, right before he left. It happens.

I am grateful to Jeff, Tim, and any other folks who pass on info. I am mature enough to take everything with a grain of salt.

Great Post NSU67. I am grateful for Jeff's twitter page. I follow him. Yeah he may be a little bit of tool, but I still respect him for the job he does with his page. He puts work into it and I appreciate anyone who is putting out UNLV related info regardless of where they get it from. and BTW I could care less if he works at Olive Garden to pay his bills. It tells me more about the person who made the post than it does about Jeff.

What makes you think an Olive Garden waiter has any clue what is happening with UNLV BB. He never even goes to games. Need I remind you he also said Pitino would be our next coach. He then said Thad Matta was for sure our next coach.

I think UNLV has a great shot at him since he has been working out at the Mendenhall for a while now.

Not a fan nor a follower of this guy but I think he should ditch the green apron and get into marketing because he sure knows how to get everyone to click the bait.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT