ADVERTISEMENT

It's good to see

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
The recruiting is really picking up. We have inked 2 no star players and have received verbals from 1 no stars and 2
2 star players. Ah Come One Man! No matter what I will be at the games. Win or lose there are few things better than going to watch a college football game.

I am truly excited/curious to see how the rest of the class shapes up. Despite the ratings by the end all, be all Rivals, I like what I see from our current crop on film. I wonder how many we will end up with total in this class 20ish maybe so roughly 15 more spots give or take to fill.

Buck,

I can't believe you want to use your own judgment about recruits instead of trusting Rivals. Geez.
laugh.r191677.gif

It's ALL about Development with players and we will see if this staff is up to the task. One thing is for sure, they are going after "speed" at the skill positions so far..

"Speed"... what a concept. I don't think Hauck was truly interested in a recruit unless he was a hulking OL project, a TE, or a potential TE.

Recruiting classes usually don't pick up until the following year with new coaching staffs. Very difficult to compete against other staffs that have built relationships with prospects over the past couple of years. Best you can hope for is to get the guys you want from the previous staffs recruiting board and maybe 1 or 2 players from the other assistants that they were recruiting with their previous schools that fit Sanchez's scheme. You probably won't see a big difference until next year at the earliest. Hopefully we will see a few more 3 stars in the upcoming classes.

Originally posted by rebel5280:

It's ALL about Development with players and we will see if this staff is up to the task. One thing is for sure, they are going after "speed" at the skill positions so far..
I agree 100% with this. Boise doesn't get 5-star recruits but turns them into 5-star players.

Originally posted by bcvegaspt:
Originally posted by rebel5280:

I agree 100% with this. Boise doesn't get 5-star recruits but turns them into 5-star players.
+2, And this is the main reason Hauck an Sanford both failed miserably!!!
shock.r191677.gif

More than basketball, I think ratings with football players can be very misleading.

There so much physical development that needs to happen at most positions where sometimes you never know.

Some kids stand out in HS beccause they mature early, but then have a limited ceiling on how much they improve. Others look like middle schoolers in HS and mature later.

Development is huge. College football is a huge jump from HS. Finding guys that you can develop is key. Also finsding guys that fit and buy into your system is equally as huge.

So ranking recruiting classes is nice, but regardless of what ranking these kids are. I'm excited to see how these guys develop.

The biggest need at UNLV is SPEED! You can measure speed while still in high school, and coach Hauck really didn't seem to make speed a priority. When Oregon looks to recruit, all they look for is speed, and look where they are now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT