ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like 3* Friday is back by popular demand!

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
We will need to wait to see the official Hey Reb from coach Sanchez, but it looks like Marquis Wimberly may have given a verbal to come to UNLV.

This is another big time 3* pick up for UNLV. He has great size, and speed. Looks like he put out officel just after started writing this from Marquis.

Marquis Wimberly ‏@AboveQuis 2m2 minutes ago Winchester, NV

Blessed to say I have officially committed to The University of Nevada Las Vegas! #HeyReb #TheNewEra #GoRebels pic.twitter.com/DyEs2I12VD

CKJrmZaUsAE1h0F.jpg

CKJrl-hUEAA1I_l.jpg

CKJrl-5UYAEpVD-.jpg

CKJrmZhUEAA2V8U.jpg

3:56 PM - 17 Jul 2015 · Details
View photo Hide photo
3 retweets 4 favorites

Raymond Brewer ‏@raybrewer21 11m11 minutes ago

UNLV football got a verbal from WR Marquis Wimberly of Chaffey JC. Stud. 6-2, 205 and runs a 4.49 40-yard dash. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1690437/marquis-wimberly…

The following is the twitter account for Marquis Wimberly. It is really important that as many people as can consider following these players. They all want to know that they are wanted and want to feel special. The number of followers in basketball is a big part of the reason they basketball recruiting has done so well.

Marquis Wimberly
@AboveQuis

You can go to my twitter account and find a list of recruits, etc.

unlv 1986
@unlv1986

Without question this is the best start to a recruiting class I have seen at UNLV. Not sure that it will end up being the strongest class UNLV has had, but its an extremely strong start.

Without question this is the best start to a recruiting class I have seen at UNLV. Not sure that it will end up being the strongest class UNLV has had, but its an extremely strong start.

I think your 'strong' comment is spot on and this could be a turning point for UNLV recruiting. In the past, the program was always behind eight ball and recruiting for specific positions was not always successful. Securing kids earlier gives the staff ability to hone into filling specific positons and or targeting specific athletes.

It's funny. Originally Hauck was touted as a good recruiter (pre-UNLV) but now I'm seeing he was just plain bad. Plus his tag along crew of Phenecie and other sucked. Don't get me wrong, the guy tried but every year I was disappointed and hoped their was a diamond in the rough somewhere.

I mean, how much easier and better does it make recruiting when you've got verbals for 1/3 of your needs. I'm liking where this is going and I am starting to believe UNLV football is headed in the right direction with the right person leading the charge.

I like the emphasis this staff puts on OL. Would like to see like to see some hosses on the DL, tho. We never seem to have more than one real stud at a time there, surrounded by ok to fair guys.

I think this class (16') we will see at least a few more JUCOS added for immediate help in that area as younger guys develop.

True, Bull. It's also the most transparent we've ever experienced as well.
The transparency has been great. To use a political term, Sanchez has done a great job of 'strengthening his base'. Fans that followed the program already seem to be more excited than ever. The test will be how he does bringing in the undecideds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT