ADVERTISEMENT

Offer Ethan Dedeaux out of Liberty has offer (never mind)

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
I am a little surprised it took so long to make this offer, but nice to see another local 3* with an offer. Would love to see a large number of top local players commit to UNLV.

1. Ethan Dedeaux™ ‏@EtdedeauxEthan 5m5 minutes ago
    Blessed to have received an offer from my hometown school UNLV!!!
    26aa.png
    1f534.png
    26ab.png
    #GoRebs #TheNewErapic.twitter.com/25ZBdB9nqs

Coach Tony Sanchez, Cedric Cormier and Barney Cotton
    ClV5N-lVEAEr1q0.jpg

ClV5N-lUgAAqZ03.jpg

ClV5N-nVEAAn2Ij.jpg

So much for the star system being based upon who offers a kid. He's a three star recruit with zero P5 offers.

I just noticed the Hey Reb on the helmet. Will that be a new alternate helmet? As you can tell by my avatar I kind of dig that...

Committed to SDSU this week.

And yes I believe the black helmet in the promotions we have seen with be very close to what they wear during the season. I like the Hey Reb on the helmet as well.

So much for the star system being based upon who offers a kid. He's a three star recruit with zero P5 offers.

It is part of the process not the only part. You list one instance and try to prove a point.

Nobody has ever asserted that kids get ranked only if P5 schools offer.

He had offers from multiple D1 schools and an offer from an FCS school. This will often get a kid a 2-3 star grade.

This is from Rivals own site..

Market Fluctuations
To help give a gauge of where a player stands on an update-to-update basis, a player will have a stock value of rising, steady or falling. Using the Player Stock, you can track the type of interest the recruit is getting from college programs and where his status stands in the eyes of the coaches recruiting them. The stock ranking is only one piece of the puzzle, though.

So in short, the recruiting sites use the number of schools interested in a kid as part of their process to build their rankings.

Which is exactly what people have said all along.

Last edited:
I just noticed the Hey Reb on the helmet. Will that be a new alternate helmet? As you can tell by my avatar I kind of dig that...

Looks to be. A couple of players 'notably Stanton' during recruiting season took some pictures of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT