ADVERTISEMENT

Impressed by more than a few things about this team...

rebelx

qwerty
May 29, 2001
The deep recesses of my mind
twitter.com
First and foremost... at the PG position we've got a PG that's equally impressive on defense as he is on offense. Johnson is better than I though he'd be. I'm very impressed by Jordan....just wish we had him more than one year! He reminds me, quite a bit, of Mark Wade...but with a bit more offense.

I like Juiston as a player and would be satisfied by having him without a McCoy in the frontcourt with him....BUT, I'm tellin' ya, McCoy and Juiston together are a perfect compliment with McCoy demanding a lot of attention and opening it up for Juiston to get to the basket or we can dump it in to McCoy.... Dembele and Diong have to work on their hands, but are nice backup bigs....both can really run well, especially Diong.

When Johnson, Smith and Mooring are on the floor....good hell....that's a potentially defensive nightmare for opposing teams. I really haven't seen that much defensive potential in our backcourt in a very long time.

Smith is a guy, that I can't make any real prognostication about his professional future....but potentially, the sky is the damn limit with this guy. He may be one of the guys that excites me the most with his potential. He sure passes the eye test and if he can hit shots like he did tonight (I'm mentally blocking the airball...focusing on his one make from deep, and the other couple that were close to threes) ...and continue the havoc he creates.... my goodness, getting this guy may have been a damn coup... I thought if he could translate some of what I saw in juco to this level, I'd be happy, but most of what I saw in those few videos of him are translating 100%.... time will tell, but he's already better than what 90% of this board thought he'd be....

Beck simply look like a great backup guy that can come in do most of the starters do, and maybe a little of something they can't do. He appears to just need to get in shape, tighten his game up slightly.... but we really don't lose much with him in there.

I'm happy with this team....and regardless of the opponents, I'm seeing stuff that I feel are skill sets that will be tough for most opponents to contain completely.

If all you can do right now is spew negativity, I think you're deceiving yourself from what your eyes are seeing....because there's no way you can see these guys play and focus only on negative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News