ADVERTISEMENT

I'm liking Menzies already

khokhol8

National Player of the Year
May 24, 2012
RJ article about his contract stated that some players may be staying now.

"Menzies, who agreed to the deal Saturday, arrived in Las Vegas on Monday morning and was meeting with players. Sources said Dwayne Morgan and Jalen Poyser, who announced they were leaving the program this spring, looked more likely to stay."

I realize this was brought up in another thread but thought this is worthy of it's own thread. Also the sources are strong enough for it to be printed in the paper (better than a Westgate source).

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...zies-contract-reveals-he-will-make-less-chris

I'll take Morgan over any transfer and over most incoming freshman. A junior with 2 years of significant playing experience that works hard that is big? The Rebels can do much worse. As for Poyser the most I saw was that he was hinting at transferring per "sources" but it was never made official as far as I know.

Reactions: JTthe2nd
Morgan has been getting better - I don't think that's all that debatable. That said, this statement isn't an endorsement to have him back. The entire program needs a clean slate. We need a new culture with new values. No more players with self interests that trump the team's interests.

As for Menzies, I reserve the right to withhold any opinion until I have formulated one.

All this is my opinion of course.

Reactions: LVKryptonite
Maybe a new coach will convince him offense isn't his thing. By the end of the year he was a asset to the team in every other way.

So Menzies is now the coach and a couple of players MIGHT want to stay because he is the coach? The same players many have bad mouthed on here? To be clear, only Menzies was going to keep them here. Certainly no other coach. Right?

I wish nothing but the best for Menzies. Seriously. I'm just not buying the whole process and the media aftermath.

Reactions: manic water
I can't talk about any other coach, but Bear came in and cleared house of the coaching staff and blew off the players, so at least one coach was not going to keep any players coming back.

Reactions: manic water
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT