ADVERTISEMENT

I'm just hoping the BOR don't grandstand, AGAIN.

JTthe2nd

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
If Menzies is to be the new head coach then so be it. I'm not crazy about the hire but the hatred and vitriole shouldn't be directed at him. He seems to have the respect of people who's basketball expertise I respect(Kruger, Fisher, Gottlieb, etc) and his Southern Cal recruiting ties are going to be vital. Yeah, he didn't have an overly impressive record in the present day WAC but look at what he had to work with. In my perfect world we'd have Coach Tark celebrating his 10th NCAA Championship at the age of 85 alongside assistant coaches Tim Grgurich, Stacey Augmon, and Dave Rice. This situation is far from perfect but I think prolonging this 3-month long disaster will do even more harm than good.

Anyway, just my opinion but I'd save the hate mail for the ones who deserve it for being too incompetent and egotistical to set their own personal agendas aside for the betterment of the basketball program and everyone(the players and coaching staff) involved.

And BOR, you had your fun last week, now just do your job and get this done.

Ya, I hope the BOR does it's job and fires Jessup on the spot, thereby rejecting the contract he has submitted. The acting President can then hire the far better economic option in George Karl.

Reactions: Mjs_702
You don't think Rice would make a fine candidate for the New Mexico State job?

I guess they wouldn't get all the players, so it's more like a coach swap with complete roster sacrifice than a straight up trade.

Weir is NMSU's next head coach.

It seems as if the media is REALLY pushing the idea that Menzies is the way to go now and making waves would be a terrible idea. Kind of amazing how quickly the general local media consensus has changed regarding Menzies over the last 48 hours. I'm starting to see a lot of fans flip their opinion along with this shift in the media. Causation? I'm not sure.

I'm all about a smooth process and getting a coach in place ASAP(and supporting that coach once they have been hired), but not if the hiring process was executed in a manner that goes against the wishes of the majority of the stakeholders and leaves everyone wondering why a specific coach was hired. The process should be respected. That doesn't mean it needs to be long and arduous. Just efficiently thorough.

It seems as if the media is REALLY pushing the idea that Menzies is the way to go now and making waves would be a terrible idea. Kind of amazing how quickly the general local media consensus has changed regarding Menzies over the last 48 hours. I'm starting to see a lot of fans flip their opinion along with this shift in the media. Causation? I'm not sure.

I'm all about a smooth process and getting a coach in place ASAP(and supporting that coach once they have been hired), but not if the hiring process was executed in a manner that goes against the wishes of the majority of the stakeholders and leaves everyone wondering why a specific coach was hired. The process should be respected. That doesn't mean it needs to be long and arduous. Just efficiently thorough.
It's brainwashing, bro. How do you think the gov. gets away with taking away more and more of our rights? The same way, through media manipulation of the sedated masses.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT