ADVERTISEMENT

Ike / Dwayne

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
I don't know how many watched or attended last night, but Ike is a grown ass man. There's nothing "teen" about him. Very businesslike, very grounded and he is a bull. Looks like he could be a middle linebacker.

I mentioned here earlier that we could expect to see Ike suit up next week because he's got some nagging issues. I was pleasantly surprised when he was cleared later yesterday.

Now, because of these nagging injuries, Ike has not worked on the floor since he arrived in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. As far as I know, he hasn't worked since Mercer's season ended.

He was not in tip top shape and by the time he finished, you could see it took a toll on him.

He started out a bit rough but once things started clicking, I thought he looked really good. Good looking shot, great range on it too. So big and strong and you can see he has some explosiveness that should improve when he's in game shape and without the bumps and bruises.

With Dwayne, I did like what I saw last night. Didn't force a ton of shots and most of them came with him doing what he does best. Basically playing 15 feet and in. I still think Dwayne is basically Wendell White, which is not a bad thing. A bit undersized power forward. I'd like the game we see on the floor to be more Wendell White than an attempt at Dominque Wilkins. If Dwayne can keep that mindset - being the best at what you do best instead of trying to be something you're not - he could be poised to have a big year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News