ADVERTISEMENT

I haven't tolerated this many

UNLVRebelDog

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
www.urbanlv.com
loses since the Spoonhour/Bayno years. But I'm okay with this season.

I'm not saying I'm satisfied with losing, but I am saying that I see HUGE opportunity for the future. Something I thought about this morning may be a blessing in disguise. Injuries.

All around the country, freshmen depart their first-choice program for more minutes elsewhere. Meanwhile at UNLV, our freshman have all gotten meaningful minutes and have no reason to complain. Aside from a couple games, we have been competitive in every single game. What I saw last night really gave me hope for next season. Kids that will play their ass off, in the face of adversity. No attitudes, no agendas. It's a breath of fresh air for me.

I'm still not in love with Christian Wood returning (if he does), but his experience and skill set will be invaluable next season, especially during the Maui Invitational and conference play.

If this young group sticks together for a few years, and we insert the right pieces to compliment them, this season will actually be the most important season to our success. But it sure doesn't feel that way today.

F&*% I wanted to beat that Aztec squad last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News