ADVERTISEMENT

I have occasion to

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Bump into a current UNLV football player semi-regularly. No, not giving names, not giving position, not saying where we bump into each other. It’s not all that important.

I’m a very curious person. I congratulated him on last season and we talked about it up and down the schedule. What it meant to our fans, etc. Now the guy has been here multiple years so he played for both Arroyo and Odom. Which is where my primary interest lies - the differences … since the on the field differences were very obvious to the naked eye and obviously so were the final results.

He DID like Arroyo and staff. And he really likes the current staff. He said a big difference was team wide accountability. He also said the current coaching staff is tight with one another, they’re all on the same page. And that wasn’t so much the case with the previous staff. The demeanor of the staff was much different and it commanded respect without asking for it.

Now this doesn’t seem enlightening me because it mirrors what I thought was going on … based upon how the team was prepared and how they responded. But as I talked about in a post last week, seeing it from the stands or TV is different than seeing it day in and day out up close and your from the stands opinion may be wildly off, no matter how deeply you feel it (Greedy vs Dickel).

I’ll add more to this a little bit later.

Reactions: UNLVINMD and dcut03
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News